When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Screwed up 2 Crowns on my IWC BP V1

trombone

hi there,

i have screwed up two crowns on my IWC Big Pilot V1. luckily i got spare parts from my collector.

but for the future, i wanna avoid this.

are there any tricks, to screw the crown in, without damaging it after some time?

do any of you guys have had that problem or am i the only one?

when i got the second crown, i started to screw it in very carefully and without any force.

i also started to screw it in first counter-clock-wise until i heard a little click and than i screwed it down in the right direction.

please help, i don

It sounds like you're doing everything right with the counter-clockwise turn. It could be a situation where that particular crown and tube threading sucks. You could try an upgrade to gen tube and crown but I'm not sure if they fit. I had to do this with the Omega SMP Chrono which was notorious for premature thread stripping.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem now, threading on the crown is failing.

Now i need a replacement and someone who can deliver the part :(

but i'm curious wheter the treads are inside the ring of the crown or inside the the hub that moves where the winding arbor is joined in.. does anybody know?

this watch is a crap

all crowns will demage within few months... all watches needs a replacement one day

"all watches needs a replacement one day"

Yes - precisely! This is why you need to at least own a dozen or more watches. The more you own and rotate them through, the longer they last.

BUY MORE REPS!

;):D:D:D