When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just picked up my first rep

grilly

What up guys! Well I have finally done it. After a lot of research and reading this form for hours, I purchased a "beginners" rep. I bought an Omega PO Black bezel. I picked it up from Russ here on the board (great, great transaction by the way) and I'm really pleased with it. Now I have very little experience with reps, but have experience with Gen Omegas and I'm really amazed of the quality of this rep.

I picked this up as a starter watch as I'm hoping to use this board to learn how to mod watches myself to create some of the beautiful pieces that I see from the members on here. This is going to be my experimenting watch.

My question is, and this may sound really dumb so forgive me, but how much of a difference is there from the regular 21j PO to the UPO?

What up guys! Well I have finally done it. After a lot of research and reading this form for hours, I purchased a "beginners" rep. I bought an Omega PO Black bezel. I picked it up from Russ here on the board (great, great transaction by the way) and I'm really pleased with it. Now I have very little experience with reps, but have experience with Gen Omegas and I'm really amazed of the quality of this rep.

I picked this up as a starter watch as I'm hoping to use this board to learn how to mod watches myself to create some of the beautiful pieces that I see from the members on here. This is going to be my experimenting watch.

My question is, and this may sound really dumb so forgive me, but how much of a difference is there from the regular 21j PO to the UPO?

I saw that. That's an awesome guide, but I can't figure out which one of those watches in that article is classified as the watch I have. It seems as the lowest level PO on that guide is the 4gen. I can see a few just from the pics on Trusty and what not, such as a serial# and AR, but other than that, what are the real benefits to spending 3bills on a UPO?