When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Different colors for GMT hand of GMTII 50th - 116710 ?

webvan

Been wanting to get a GMT IIc for a while and having to pick a replacement watch after sending back an order I chose the GMTIIc Asian from Watcheden. Came in yesterday, looks nice, but one problem though is that the GMT hand is "grass green", not "wimbledon green" as on the gen I saw in a shop and compared to the other reps in the reviews here. You can actually tell from from the picture on their site, but I thought this was due to lighting :

Watcheden Asian version : http://tinyurl.com/8uph6z

3.jpg

Watcheden ETA version : http://tinyurl.com/8emrr6

3.jpg

What do you guys think ?

I would say that if you are that bothered about what shade of green has been used, don't ever consider buying a replica, as you will always be severely disappointed as there will undoubtably be some kind of variations in color. The hand is green. That's good enough for most reasonable people. If not, you have two choices. 1. Don't buy it. 2. Buy it and paint it the right color yourself.

Don't forget, that color can vary from picture to picture, even of the same item.

I'm considering buying this watch myself, so please don't think I'm criticizing the watch itself, I just think your expectations are incredibly unrealistic.

Huh...it's not because it's a rep that they need to get the color wrong if it is indeed wrong, which I'm not sure at this point, it's probably ok actualy. I'll probably go for a second-hand ETA at some point, if you like mine you can have it for $100 ;-)

Can't seem to edit that first message, here is a pic of mine :

P1070745.JPG

Huh...it's not because it's a rep that they need to get the color wrong if it is indeed wrong, which I'm not sure at this point, it's probably ok actualy.

They don't 'need' to get the color wrong at all, but because it is a rep, then chances are that the color could be wrong. As I said above, it's green. Okay, so possibly a different shade of green, but not enough that anyone should care. Please bear in mind that colors can vary in appearance depending on how they are photographed. I once had a shirt which was the color of an old ceramic pot. Any time it was photographed with a digital camera, it would appear to be a much more vibrant color. More like cinnamon or an ochre, rather than the true ceramic color. If you're not actually sure, then it's probably okay ;)

From your photo, I'd say it looks fine :)

if you like mine you can have it for $100 ;-)

If I had $100, I'd buy it from you. However, I'm selling my collection to pay for my wedding reception, so I don't have any spare cash at all...

Sorry if I came across as harsh, but being concerned about the shade of color on the hand is the kind of thing many rep collectors take in their stride, as just one of the things which can happen.