When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SuperAvenger V2 and Evolution V2/V3 genuine bezel

Defender110

V2 SA has reportedly been done, with caveats...

1. Case scratched/dinged in the process of removing the old bezel because it's VERY stubborn.

2. Old bezel trashed and not reusable. So once you head down this road, there is a point of no return.

3. Gen bezel doesn't fit directly as on the V1 because the V2 case is not sized quite the same. So a shim of some sort or a gasket must be used to "fill in" the slack and make the bezel fit securely on the case.

Now, I've never seen the watch in person, so I can't say either way... but I really wonder how the bezel "feels" when rotating being rigged with a shim or gasket like this.

Keep in mind, that no matter what someone says or did actually do successfully, you may have totally different results. I have seen identical models from the same dealer be different and parts not interchangeable. There is no QA and I think there are many sources for the same rep, hence the differences.

I also think some people will say anything to BS others into trying stuff...and they always come back "well it worked fine for me, or so and so...he didn't have any problems..."

Bezels can be a real bitch to remove and I use a $300 bezel remover, and have totally destroyed more than my share, it's a one way street...

RG

that you for posting in my thread ZZ!

this was a similar point i was trying to make in the superavenger dial install thread.. i have had it done 1:1 before in the V1 case.. now a member was having an issue with his... these are replica parts and quality control proceedures, it is NEVER consistent within a particular model or production run etc.

I had an EVO V2 with a gen bezel installed. If fit very well and had a satisfying click when turned, if a little looser than the gen would have been B)

Gone, but not forgotten member repaustria installed it for me, and I still have the old rep bezel in good shape too, sold the watch long ago though! ^_^

well, you may be lucky like me and be wearing your super avenger while golfing and have the bezel pop off from the force of the perfect PAR 3 drive that you will never forget!

however, now the bezel is easy to remove and i have been told that i am lucky for this... but now it sounds loose when turning it as if the rep bezel needs a shim...

and yes, i stopped doing activities with watches on my wrist!!!

well, you may be lucky like me and be wearing your super avenger while golfing and have the bezel pop off from the force of the perfect PAR 3 drive that you will never forget!

however, now the bezel is easy to remove and i have been told that i am lucky for this... but now it sounds loose when turning it as if the rep bezel needs a shim...

and yes, i stopped doing activities with watches on my wrist!!!

I have seen first hand that a bit of dental floss will stiffen the bezel up, wrap some round the inside then pop the bezel on, works really well, not too much though! :)

Thanks Mickey!

Never even thought of that... i may even use MINTY FRESH flavor to make my rep "stand out"!!!

i think the next time i play i will wear the skyland cuz i NEED to get that bezel off so that i can fix it from clicking both way...

maybe a quick swing and pop and i can make an adjustment to the click spring inside should do the trick! LOL

PP