When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How I got here

MWSeattle

Greetings! As you can probably tell by where I am posting, I am a newbie.

For me, the research into replica watches started about a month ago when I decided it was time to replace my daily watch, a Citizen Eco-Drive. I thought it would be nice to find something dressier for the office, so I went browsing in the local dept./watch/jewelery stores. Based on watches I had looked at in the past, I figured I would spend $200-$400, depending on features, material, etc...

I happened upon one jewelery store, and was shown an Omega Speedmaster. I immediately fell in love with the look. For me, it's the perfect combination of tastefully elegant and sporting. It reminded me of the first time I saw an Aston Martin DBS or Porsche 997. The fact that it evoked these images should have been my first clue.

"Wow," I thought, "I would be willing to spend $600-$700 for this!"

"That's nice. How much is it?", I asked naively. Up to then, the only "prestige" watch brand I knew of was Rolex.

Imagine my shock, then, when they told me $3000.00! :shock: Holy #!!$@**#@$!!

I figured there had to be some other brand that made something similar, but I haven't found anything nearly as beautiful, in my eyes, anyway. I searched in vain through numerous manufacturers' websites, and thought I was just out of luck.

Then I found a replica seller online. I soon found there are bajillions of places to get a replica of my favorite watch, but research soon made me realize that I could spend anywhere from $50 up to almost $1000. How can you tell a POS from a genuinely nice watch?

I started looking into forums for watches, and came across RWG. I am really excited to have found what looks to be such a useful resource. I am looking forward to many hours obssessing over (I mean "researching") watches and getting to know the other people here! Thanks again!

Maurice

Bad news; you're still going to be out the three grand.

Good news; you'll have 12X watches.

Welcome. Have fun!

That quote should be stickie'd... Post of the Month :)

All this talk of 42mm POs makes me long for mine that is still getting cleaned, regulated, and lumed in the frozen tundra of SW Pennsylvania.

Welcome MWSeattle I just orderd a Omega PO chrono(quartz) my first rep. I have loved Omega watches for many years. I am now looking[obsessing) over the SpeedMasster Michael Schumacher legend. :in_love: I got a lot of great info from the Omega area, Tag area, ect. Take your time and happy hunting :D Mike