When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Classic watch

Bossart

Seems to me that as other rep forums, eventually the predominance of Rolex (just look at the "what are you wearing this weekend) and assorted large divers style watches takes over. Whis is a shame as there are many, many watches out there, but more often than not we're faced with image after image of big heavy timepieces with more steel bolts on the face than the titanic had rivets!

Where are the Classic watches or maybe a nice dress watch - one that you could wear with a suit?

This is one I got recently - not an exact replica by any means, but it has the likeness certainly to a couple of Vache models and it wears nice.

Vache01.jpg

VacheFace.jpg

VacheSide.jpg

VacheBack.jpg

Maybe we could have a forum that deals with this kind of watch - unless I missed it somewhere.

As the owner of a classy VC rep myself I can honestly say you can't do wrong with that choice.

It is part of the "Les Historiques" collection and it shows; things back then were made with a certain kind of class that modern watches seem to lack. I love how the shape of it just seems to flow so naturally; what's more, the stainless-steel caseback means a resilient underbelly that won't get damaged or faded like some other fully gold-plated watches.

All around this is an incredible watch and while it may not be blingy like a "Hublot" or safe like a "Datejust" its in a unique category defined by excellence and fine craftsmanship from days-gone-by.

Congratulations on the watch and thanks for the pictures... there are very few around of this particular model.

I had this Malte Chrono for a good while and got rid of it. It did turn me on to the brand and dress watches in general. I highly recommend it. Very accurate all things considered actually.

Malte27.jpg

In fact now I am about to grab a gen VC to wear on my wedding day. I have really shrunk down my gen collection to just one watch in each of a few broad category I have decided on. But one category has remained empty and that is the small, strapped dress watch one. I have searched for some time to decide on what I wanted and settled on something even more simple. I have decided on the new Partimony Traditionelle in WG. Simple, elegant, refined - perfect in every way. The last simple dress watch I will ever need. Less is more...

VCtraditionelle4.jpg

Great to hear and see that some others are "into" the classics too. I was getting worried!

Love your choice of gen VC - simple and elegant and when you have it, you suddenly realise how poor the reps really are.

I also have some classic gens - most pre-owned but one new - which are - 2 x Jaquet Droz WG & YG two different models, Patek Philippe Calatrava (YG), Blancpain 3Osec WG, Girard Perregaux.

I basically purchase reps initially and IF I like the feeling of a particular design, I trawl round (sometimes for months (years!)), looking firstly for pre-owned genuine models and also visit auctions. It never fails to impress though how feeling of the the gen blows away the rep....especially classic watches as opposed to the more populist Rolex, Omega styles etc.

The result is that my rep collection is decreasing and my gen classic watch collection increases - slower, but really as investment pieces.

But I DO like your VC - wear it well!