When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project AirSub

TeeJay

I'm thinking of taking this Silix Vintage Submariner:

DSCN0781.jpg

Swapping in the dial and hands from this AirKing:

AirKing.jpg

And hopefully getting something resembling the Breitling SOH:

SOH.jpg

Given the measurements of the viewable dial area of the Submariner, I think it might work... Another long-term project, but I just wanted to share :)

I think that would work and look good, and you can fit the sub parts in the airking and get some thing like this

DSCN3127.jpg

Thanks, bro :) I think if I'm lucky and the Air-King dial fits (and I think it should) then I definitely think it'll have the kind of look of the SOH. I have to admit, I had planned on keeping the sub as it was on the NATO strap, but I wanted a watch on a strap for the costume party, and that seemed the most logical watch to alter. The strap gives the case a real elegance, which surprisingly, the bezel actually adds to in this instance (maybe it's the lack of crown guards) so I thought that a more elegant dial might look nice :)

As you say, I can always put the Sub dial in the Air-King case, and that'll then be wearable on the NATO :) I like what you've done with yours. It doesn't matter that the dial's sterilized, it looks like a really nice, functional watch :good: