When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A21J movements and watch winder?

JuniorNA

I just realized that some of my older reps are running Asia ETA 2813 21J and 21J movements (not sure if these are the same), and I have a few spare winders. I'd like to see if these movements can be "charge maintained" on these winders. Does anyone know if movements can wind CW, or CCW, or both?

tia

that link does not explain anything about the movements, and which way they should wind.

Do we have any links or tutorials on all movements, and how they should used in conjunction with a watch winder?

If i turn the watch with my hand clockwise, i hear nothing, but if i spin the watch with my hand CCW, i hear a little sound which makes me think the watch is cranking/winding as it moves CCW.

any one know if thats indicating that its winding? the sound of winding when you turn the watch manually in a certain direction?

cause if thats the case, then its winding only in CCW, not in CW.

Well I'm out on a limb here but if the rotor spins REALLY fast in one direction while winding and not as fast/freely in the other than the latter is the winding direction as the rotor is encountering resistance due to the gearing/mainspring...you'd have to wait for an expert like The Zigmeister to chime in...