When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Rep purchase, AP Baby!

Mixtimp

So I finally broke down after weeks and weeks of research. My wife was sick of hearing about watch movements and varying qualities of rep's. I decided on an AP10023, with the true tourbillon movement for $598, from Josh. http://www.jpc8118.com/ap10023-jules-audem...ite-p-1018.html

I am so excited and can't wait to do a full review on my first rep. I was wondering if anyone has purchased this model, or any other model with the tourbillon movement. I ordered an automatic watch winder from ebay so I can keep the watch stored properly when it's not on my wrist. Hopefully, I made the correct decision on my first rep watch. Looking forward to hearing experienced users feedback. Thanks.

M

Edited by Mixtimp

THANKS! A video is forthecoming! Anyone know about how long it takes to arrive to the states (east coast) after Josh ships it? I'll have a video, pics, and a full review of the quality. I have a gen rolex and a gen breitling, but it's time to start branching out. Obviously, I could never afford a gen AP tourbillon, so I'm hoping this one is of above average rep-quality. Thanks again, look forward to the review!!!!

congratulations! I was actually thinking of purchasing that exact watch. I am glad you are going to review it! Yeah. All the tourbillon movements I have seen have been hand wound movements and usually has an approximate 2 day power reserve. But you just have to wind it every night before bed or when you wake up. Good luck!

congratulations! I was actually thinking of purchasing that exact watch. I am glad you are going to review it! Yeah. All the tourbillon movements I have seen have been hand wound movements and usually has an approximate 2 day power reserve. But you just have to wind it every night before bed or when you wake up. Good luck!

Very true. I'll just add it to my night-time routine, along with the protein shake, lol. I will be doing a review the day I get the watch. I looked for hours and hours through Josh's site, and this is one of the classiest watches that I came across. I think my follow-up purchase is going to be this one: http://www.jpc8118.com/vc10033-malte-tourb...lon-p-2746.html

Does everyone think it's worth the cash? Thanks again for the interest!

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats Mixtimp, I too want to buy a tourbillon. I'm leaning toward the Breguet tourbillon or Homer's unbranded tourbillon. I like the rose gold version but am afraid that rose gold won't last. I've seen a few automatic tourbillon out there on ebay. Let us know if yours is manual or auto.

I looked for hours and hours through Josh's site, and this is one of the classiest watches that I came across. I think my follow-up purchase is going to be this one: http://www.jpc8118.com/vc10033-malte-tourb...lon-p-2746.html

Does everyone think it's worth the cash? Thanks again for the interest!

Welcome Mixtimp. Its always nice to see other noobs like me getting over enthusiastic with their first purchases. I'm waiting for my first reps too. I ordered a Patek and a Breitling a couple of weeks ago.

That was quite a leap you took on your first rep; $598. Its a beautiful watch and movement. My Breitling Chrono Evo cost me $308, the Patek was about $280 and I was nervous cos to me that is a lot of money for what is essentially a 'fake watch'.

These watches are hit and miss. However, they are mostly hit because of the quality of the output form the apparently identical factories the dealers on RWG use. But occasionally you do get a miss.

Slow down... and as for the spend on your skeletal, grind yourself to a halt. I got carried away too with the thrill of having nice pieces but 1500 sponds for a dodgy timepiece at this stage kinda makes me nervous. If you can even think about spending so freely on reps so early on and can do it, save up and buy gens in the single K range and only buy reps of watches you like that are way way beyond your budget.

Just my two cents. I hope you like your tourbillon. It looks like a cracking rep. A real head turner and yes, I'm feeling slight pangs of jelousy.