When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume Quality/Intensity

str3ss

Thanks for the quick reply, Shundi.

Certainly understand that the Gen would be better.

What I'm really wanting to know is which of the reps have the best glow?

I think what he's trying to say is none really have a great glow. Some people say that DSN or Puretime have SL (superlume), but you never really know what your going to get. You best bet is to buy what you like and have a forum modder apply new genuine Tritec Super Lume.

I think what he's trying to say is none really have a great glow. Some people say that DSN or Puretime have SL (superlume), but you never really know what your going to get. You best bet is to buy what you like and have a forum modder apply new genuine Tritec Super Lume.

That seems to be the general consensus that rep lume on PAMs sucks. The "best" lume is that on the supposed Tritium based dials...as these are vintage ones which in the gen world, would have stopped glowing ages ago...making the rep's crappy lume an improvement over the gen. :p:p:p

The DSN (aka Davidsenjpn) PAMs if relumed with "superlume" C1, C3 or some kind of combo should be RC Tritec Super-LumiNova which is a specific product name from RC Tritec (I would confirm what he is using for relume on a piece you are considering as sometimes his posts say "superlume" which is not really a trademarked product...and sometimes he explicitly states C1, C3, C1+C3 mix, etc which are the RC Tritec names). If DSN is in fact using the Super-LumiNova product, it is the brightest lume on the market (depending on the mix of C1, C3, etc...and arguably aside from Seiko's Lumibrite).

C3 is supposed to be the brightest, followed by the Tritec BGW9...while C1 ranks farther down the intensity scale.

There were some posts on RWG where Puretime states he uses "Superlume" on some watches as well (as found HERE)...but again...that is not an RC Tritec Product so it is implying he uses the real Super-LumiNova product but not necessarily doing so...and was met with some skepticism by a recipient of such a "described" watch as found HERE.

That's a great explanation. The Tritec stuff is the best that I've seen and my The Zigmeister modded 127 seems to have the same brightness as my gen 111f.

As The Zigmeister has said, he only uses gen Tritec lume...and PAM dials marked with "L Swiss L" use Super-LumiNova (the L standing for Luminova and the "T Swiss T" standing for Tritium). So...a The Zigmeister lumed dial should shine the same as the gen...or pretty close to it with variances coming only from the fact that the underlying primer base colour used by the gen might have a slight colour difference than the existing rep lume being used as a base for a re-lume project.

I bought a separate dial/hands ( from Puretime /Angus ) for my Fiddy last may and that one had superlume from the modder "Flav" ( and I have got confirmed that Flav has sold the C1/C3 lumemix to Angus at Puretime ! )

And that dial has VERY good lume !

But In september 2008 Angus told me that he did not so much left of that lumemix ( from Flav )