When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Sea-dweller 1-1

cpt390

Well, the sad fact is there is no perfect modern 16600 Sea-Dweller. All of the reps currently use a case that is either a 16610 Sub case, or a variation of the 16610 case in that it may be a bit thicker. The problem is... All rep SD's have too large of a crystal opening/rehaut etc. The genuine has a crystal diameter that is almost a full 1mm smaller. As a result, the crystal size is different, the bezel is different, etc. Of course, you also have other areas that need attention as well- i.e. correct sized case and case back, correct HEV, correct height/profile crystal, etc.

Yes... I am nitpicking. But, when it's a claim of 1:1, it should be 1:1. Yes? This is not an attack on any of the dealers... Just the reality that we don't have a good 16600 yet (and I'm sure it would sell like crazy if it did exist; I see this topic quite often...).

Best regards,

Randy

Well, the sad fact is there is no perfect modern 16600 Sea-Dweller. All of the reps currently use a case that is either a 16610 Sub case, or a variation of the 16610 case in that it may be a bit thicker. The problem is... All rep SD's have too large of a crystal opening/rehaut etc. The genuine has a crystal diameter that is almost a full 1mm smaller. As a result, the crystal size is different, the bezel is different, etc. Of course, you also have other areas that need attention as well- i.e. correct sized case and case back, correct HEV, correct height/profile crystal, etc.

Yes... I am nitpicking. But, when it's a claim of 1:1, it should be 1:1. Yes? This is not an attack on any of the dealers... Just the reality that we don't have a good 16600 yet (and I'm sure it would sell like crazy if it did exist; I see this topic quite often...).

Best regards,

Randy

Amen to that. I have been waiting for soooooo long now. I have been almost tempted to get one even though I know it is nowhere close, just to have one. Dealers please read this, cuz I am still going to wait some more :p

I've been tempted by the Sea-dweller on Perfect clones. I see a difference in the rehaut but otherwise pretty nice looking watch.

Expert opinions?????????? :group:

Link to Sea-dweller

Advertising "puff" is one thing, but Joshua will talk to you directly about any questions you may have and answer them quite frankly. I did not expect that my SDs would actually be "perfect," I just wanted the best available.

I have that one you are referring to - I actually bought several of them after I received the first one and had a chance to look it over.

It's a watch that gets a lot of wrist time. Unlike my MBW 1680, it's not a bit delicate. I don't have to worry about getting the crystal scratched (sapphire vs the old stuff) and it is waterpoof to the limits of my tester - 132 feet.

Whatever the flaws, and these guys on here can identify all of them, it's a heavy, well built, nice looking watch - and it suits me just fine on my wrist.

BTW, I wouldn't "bet the farm" but I'd bet $100 that my serviced "Perfect" SD will keep time with anybody's out of the box gen - if I tried to tell you my experience with the one I wear as compared to the Internet official atomic clock, people would think I was lying.

Bill