When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC (Josh/Andrew)

tavros

1)They offer the Big Pilot and also the Big Pilot 'Lite', and I think the only difference is that one has "Swiss Standard Double AR" while the Lite has just "Double AR".

I have no problem sending it to someone to get a really good AR job...so would suggest sticking with the cheaper one and getting it modified with Double AR coating, or is the $198 version that much better than the "Lite" and will not require any custom work (anyone buy either recently)?

2) Is the 3717 being sold, the Version 1, 2, or 3?

3) Still deciding between Big Pilot or the 3717, sell me one way or the other if you like.

Thanks again, hope to have one of these purchased by end of week.

Edited by tavros

Do you want a chrono or not? If you can only have one and need a versatile dress and sports watch...I would go the BP as it dresses up and down reasonably well depending on the strap. Chronos in generally look more sporty which if you're more of a casual guy...you might find the 3717 (I'm assuming you mean the 3717-01/04 as most people do) better for every day wear.

The BP 5002 I understand to be more accurate and better out of the box. The 3717-01/04's can often have crooked markers at 3-6-9-12 so QC can ruin the experience of getting the watch.

1) If you are going for something, then go for it properly. I would take the one with double AR and pay that extra few $$. This is also because the BP does look pretty damn good and gen-like.

2) I have the V3. I love the 3717 and it IS my fav all time watch. I don't think many stock the older V1's any longer so it's either V2 or V3. If you are going for the 3717, go with the V3 because it has the best dial plus correct hands and better lume etc.

3) BP : good looker, legend, wear it with everything, little mods to do.

3717 : likewise stunning looker, BUT you will have to do a double AR job and by default change the date wheels to ETA ones in order for the watch look as gen as possible.

BP with double AR it is...been in the rep world for only 2 weeks since I discovered this site and already 2 orders to Josh...won't rcv the watch for a few more weeks due to CNY, but looking forward to it. Thanks a lot for all the help guys.

Every person will have different goals of what they want their collection to be. I wanted mostly sport watches that could go semi-casual...so I have some chronos and some non-chronos. I wanted watches that could go both strap and bracelet for versatility and some that were a little more bling and some that were dressy.

After you receive your BP...you'll realize there cannot be only 1. :)