When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

worth it

ez2cy

I have just begun to appreciate a fine watch. Maybe what I think is "fine" is something to argue about or maybe not...LOL

I won a Citizen dive watch 20 years ago. At that time it was worth $650.00 (Canadian). Is it a good watch? I don't know. I like the look of it and it has run very well for me. Problem is, I've worn it!!!!!!!!!!! I mean "really WORN IT".

I've read about gold plating and being able to do it yourself. Also wondering if I could put a new crystal and bezel on it? If I did, it may look new again. I'm just wondering if it's really worth it or not.

Thanks in advance to any and all replies.

Financially it would most likely not be worth it. Citizen watches usually are not worth much used. I would not recommend trying the gold plating as that usually looks cheap and comes off.

Despite the financial aspect, it may be worth it to you to fix it up for your own personal reasons. If you are really attached to this watch then by all means go for it.