When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Desperately need a Cortebert winding stem for my Homage Panny!

BigCrown

Can someone confirm the issue is that the movement side is wider than the crown (can't remember if it is 1.6) but the crown side requires 1.2. I had custom stems them made for these two watches.

IMGP1736.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

I can ask about getting a price for having several made. But I would need to get a count. It is the same way we make automatic crowns work with hand wind movements where there is no room for a stem adapter.

I am alos for 3.

But i maybe have an other idea if we can find a men able to do it :

To make an ADAPTATOR ; like in brass; one side with hole of 1.6mm to screw the gen stem, the other screwed in 1.2mm to screw in the crown;

So you just need to cut the stem short , screw the crown at one side , the stem at the other side;

Do you think it can be possible ?

I think it can be nice for cortebert or angelus, and will also solve the problem when some stem are too short :)

it maybe can be more easy than resized stem ; what do you think of it ?

I spoke with the smith and I am going to make 10. The cost will be $55 plus $1 or $2 for shipping. I am not making money on this and this is not intended to be a group buy - simply taking care of myself and other vintage fans. The intention is to purchase standard Cortebert 616 stems and retap to 1.2 (normal handwind size).

I will not request any money until they are in hand and ready to ship. I reserve the right as to who they go to. If this works out like clock work and people want additional I might get him to do another run but no assurances. I have PM's in hand which would theoretically account for 10 but please reconfirm you want them at that price via PM.

ATB-

Kruz

I spoke with the smith and I am going to make 10. The cost will be $55 plus $1 or $2 for shipping. I am not making money on this and this is not intended to be a group buy - simply taking care of myself and other vintage fans. The intention is to purchase standard Cortebert 616 stems and retap to 1.2 (normal handwind size).

I will not request any money until they are in hand and ready to ship. I reserve the right as to who they go to. If this works out like clock work and people want additional I might get him to do another run but no assurances. I have PM's in hand which would theoretically account for 10 but please reconfirm you want them at that price via PM.

ATB-

Kruz

PM sent