When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think we need a Comparsion Area

Tribal

We already have that kind of area. And just like many of such obscure forum sections, nobody rarely posts there, and nobody rarely reads it.

Kinda proves my point that you didn't even know it exists, huh? :D

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Rep-vs-Genuine-f6.html

We don't want to create more useless sections (even sections that are nice ideas in principle). Au contrary, we want to get rid of these sections which are equal to ghost towns.

Upps sorry.....

But never browsed the Photograph Area....

Maybe thats the reason why not a lot members post there....

I think to rename it is much better ;) ?

We are in process of making things simpler here... and considering carefully what we really need and what not. You're right... the whole photography section is virtually a ghost town. It's one of the subsections that members wanted. Not a great success story. Members often suggest all kinds of subforums... thinking that they'd increase traffic... but the end result is just the opposite. These areas just divide the members, make gathering information more difficult... and it's a fact that they get used very seldomly. Why would you have to post it to a sub-subsection "Genuine vs. Replica"? If it's a good review, it'll get archived to posts like "Supporter review database" and "immortalized" that way.

Let me ask you a question: If you have a gen and rep Rolex Submariner, why couldn't you post it to the Rolex section where it automatically creates a big following and gets a lot of attention (due to large number of regular readers)?

Maybe you would post to the gen vs. replica section once, but after you'll notice that it won't create much interest/catch replies, you'll post to the Rolex forum next time. Some people even refuse to post their collections to "My Collection" because they don't get any replies... and insist that we keep them in the General Discussion. What purpose does the "My Collection" subsection have then... if nobody even notices the whole damn forum?

Common sense doesn't have much to do with it, but that's how things are... and that's how the psychology in these forums work. Don't make simple things more complicated, that's what I've always said. :)

We are in process of making things simpler here... and considering carefully what we really need and what not. You're right... the whole photography section is virtually a ghost town. It's one of the subsections that members wanted. Not a great success story. Members often suggest all kinds of subforums... thinking that they'd increase traffic... but the end result is just the opposite. These areas just divide the members, make gathering information more difficult... and it's a fact that they get used very seldomly. Why would you have to post it to a sub-subsection "Genuine vs. Replica"? If it's a good review, it'll get archived to posts like "Supporter review database" and "immortalized" that way.

Let me ask you a question: If you have a gen and rep Rolex Submariner, why couldn't you post it to the Rolex section where it automatically creates a big following and gets a lot of attention (due to large number of regular readers)?

Maybe you would post to the gen vs. replica section once, but after you'll notice that it won't create much interest/catch replies, you'll post to the Rolex forum next time. Some people even refuse to post their collections to "My Collection" because they don't get any replies... and insist that we keep them in the General Discussion. What purpose does the "My Collection" subsection have then... if nobody even notices the whole damn forum?

Common sense doesn't have much to do with it, but that's how things are... and that's how the psychology in these forums work. Don't make simple things more complicated, that's what I've always said. smile.gif

Yes I know what you mean but I think its much esaier to have this Comparsions for all Brands....

Sometimes I find this comparsions for different Brands only by hitting the new post button....

..and there are really great posts about it....

Only my two cents ;9

Yes I agree. It's a good idea. We have to think about "highlighting" it and dividing it from the Photography section in the next forum update. Other option is that someone gathers all these gen vs. rep comparisons in one link guide (just like "Supporter review database") and keeps maintaining it.