When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Titanium Pam 036

Mickey Padge

I picked up a PAM036 in a trade, having been after a titanium PAM for a while, I think this is a really nice example :)

I don't really know much about PAM's, but I am pretty sure this is a Swiss version, it keeps very accurate time. I have put it on a brown python strap that I got from Homer, the strap is genuine python, but still has the "Officine Panerai Italy" on the underside, which is pretty sweet! It matches the brown dial really well B)

Here are some pictures, keep clicking to expand ^_^

dsc02095vg9.th.jpgdsc02097wm4.th.jpgdsc02102ag2.th.jpgdsc02104df1.th.jpg

dsc02099bk4.th.jpgdsc02100ne9.th.jpgdsc02101ed8.th.jpg

dsc02108ur8.jpg

I am very happy with the watch, I have ordered a few different types of straps for it already, I can see how PAM's can be more expensive than most reps :lol:

The hands have very bright lume, but the dial does not, does not really bother me though. The cannon pinion seems to be nice and high and the watch has a purple AR tint. I would appreciate some pointers from the PAM experts please, is this a good rep?

Cheers! B)

Assuming it is the old one, which it appears to be, it is pretty good rep. Much better than the new one. Makes me regret selling mine.

I looked about on our dealer sites for this rep and found that it has a cap on the hands, so I assume that is the new version? The cap looks really strange! :p

Looks great Mick

There's one for sale over at RG that I thought about picking up but (WHOOPS) the caseback says stainless steel. Too bad because it looks quite nice too. Damn I want a Tobacco dial Ti Pam!!!

Thank you, she's still wrapped around my wrist and keeping crazy accurate time too! B)

You know what? I'm getting pretty envious now. The old case 036 is impossible to get new now... And almost nobody is willing to sell. I fell in love with this beauty after i handled jitai's fully modded 036 personally. Even without mods, it's still a wonderful piece! :wub: Wear it in great health, mate!

Mickey,Great choice the pam36,is one of my favorit

And yours look reallyon top condition and great looking case,and superb tobacco dial....huuuuum smell good.

felicitation good keeper

serge

Hi Mic,

To be closer to the gen,

-Strip the AR off coating as B serial movt pams do not have AR coating.

-Flatten the CG lever pin

-Relume it with aged lume

-Convert "L Swiss L" to "T swiss T" as the latter is more common and convincing to own. L Swiss L dial only have 5 pcs made.

- Use a T48 Ti crown

and it is going to look like this ^_^

3222353878_baa2389178.jpg

Hi Mic,

To be closer to the gen,

-Strip the AR off coating as B serial movt pams do not have AR coating.

-Flatten the CG lever pin

-Relume it with aged lume

-Convert "L Swiss L" to "T swiss T" as the latter is more common and convincing to own. L Swiss L dial only have 5 pcs made.

- Use a T48 Ti crown

and it is going to look like this ^_^

Wow looks fantastic, great stuff! :)

The only thing I considered doing was swapping the crown gears for polished/beveled ones. Aside from that I am not overly fussy about it, as mentioned, it is sweet "out of the box". I may try and flatten the pin, but I don't want to mess it up! :lol:

I kinda like the purple AR, may not be accurate, but it looks great! As for the T/L thing, well I think there were a handfull of gens that did have L's, so that is good enough for me! B)

The lume on the hands is great, but not the dial for some reason? :p

Cheers guys, thanks for all your input ^_^

The only thing I considered doing was swapping the crown gears for polished/beveled ones. Aside from that I am not overly fussy about it, as mentioned, it is sweet "out of the box". I may try and flatten the pin, but I don't want to mess it up! :lol:

You should absolutely flatten the pin, you can't mess it up and it will look soo much better!

Where are you getting the gears from. I need them for my 183 too but couldn't find them.

Polishing the teeth myself is probably not a good idea :lol:

You should absolutely flatten the pin, you can't mess it up and it will look soo much better!

Where are you getting the gears from. I need them for my 183 too but couldn't find them.

Polishing the teeth myself is probably not a good idea :lol:

I posted a WTB thread and sent messages to a few dealers, looking to buy an entire Asian 6497, but one with polised beveled gears. I was lucky enough to find one for sale, expensive, but it is the only way of doing it, I can't imaine you can buy just the gears, at least I could not find them.......

What sort of tool do I need to remove the pin then? I was told I could reverse it, as it is perfect and flat on the other side ^_^

Cheers! B)

I think swapping the gears is a must if you really like this watch alot.

It improve alot on the cosmetic look. I also find my sunburst gears from a cheap asian donor movt

3125235186_97c8c1989e.jpg

My friend Jitai, I am working on my piece too :) Almost succeeded in swapping to higher beat Swiss-Asian movement. Need a new part for running fourth wheel (second).

Anyway, I just completed another project too thanks for your help.

AAarrrggghh.... you 2 are killing me.... :Jumpy: :Jumpy:

FYI, the project in mind is swapping it to Swingnish 6497-2 based (higher beat than -1, flared balance wheel). The balance wheel is actually of smaller diameter in -2 movement.

However, I have not seen this -2 with correct A/B series bridges. That's why some work needs to be done in that department.

This watch just got my record for the most compliments and obvious "noticing" in one day! ^_^

I have it on a soft suede strap, where the colour matches the dial to perfection and three customers made a general comment of "nice watch", and I noticed a few others taking a quick (and not so quick :p ) look! B)

This watch just got my record for the most compliments and obvious "noticing" in one day! ^_^

I have it on a soft suede strap, where the colour matches the dial to perfection and three customers made a general comment of "nice watch", and I noticed a few others taking a quick (and not so quick :p ) look! B)

Wow, congrats again, mate!

It has to be the dial... ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

OK I have done a few upgrades :)

I have a new soft suede leather strap, which I have darkened myself, it was a much lighter brown at first, and secondly, I have changed the crown gears for polished ones and replaced the blue screws too, the overall effect is fantastic! B)

Here are some pictures, please click to expand:

dsc02142.th.jpgdsc02143.th.jpgdsc02147.th.jpgdsc02144l.th.jpg

dsc02147.th.jpgdsc02151.th.jpgdsc02154.th.jpgdsc02156.th.jpg

dsc02154.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts, I think the effort and expense was well worth it, compared to the original dull mat finish gears....

Cheers! :D