When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham swordfish questions

phrozen

Hi guys!! im torn between a chronofighter and the swordfish at the moment! I want a watch with a sweeping second hand (?) I just think it looks awesome! problem is that all of the photos of the grahams that i have seen have the second hand pointing at 12...does it actually move??!!

Also, it comes in left and right forms -I want to wear it on my left arm so do I go for the R or L??

thanks in advance guys! look forward to joining the RWG club!!

phrozen

hi, you must be new to auto chrono movements. on them, the big second at 12 is the chrono second counter, so it will move when you start the chrono. it will sweep. all auto chrono's are like that. the second hand is located in the sub dial at 3 or 9 position. this hand sweeps too.

you can buy either one of the left or right and wear it on the arm you like. if you wear a lefty on your right wrist, its called destro.

hi, you must be new to auto chrono movements. on them, the big second at 12 is the chrono second counter, so it will move when you start the chrono. it will sweep. all auto chrono's are like that. the second hand is located in the sub dial at 3 or 9 position. this hand sweeps too.

you can buy either one of the left or right and wear it on the arm you like. if you wear a lefty on your right wrist, its called destro.

thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

Read the Noob Guide linked in my signature and that will give you information about mechanical watches in general which will help guide your purchase. To be blunt, sweeping hand movements (aka mechanical) are more finicky, delicate and costly to maintain than quartz movements...but are accurate to their gen counterparts and have a "soul" that a battery powered thing cannot compare to.

The guide has lots of links to info on mechanical movements, how to care for them, the types, etc.

Look up reviews for the Grahams on the board...there are lots and you'll see plenty of quality pictures I'm sure.

The idea behind left hand vs. right hand watches is that if you're wearing the watch on a given hand, to comfortably operate the chrono buttons or to wind the crown or whatever, you want the buttons/levers/crown pieces to be facing your fingers so the non-watch wearing hand can access the controls easier.

99% of the watches out there assume the watch is worn on the left hand (for right handed people) and have the crown and chrono pushers on the right side.