When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Gathering Video

turboGUATE

Yeah I saw that but forgot to post it. The Deep Two is just to massive at 46MM for my taste, and while I like the new standard AT range both chrono and non-chrono many hardcore fans of the brand are going to feel that IWC has (again) strayed from consistency in design and progression by not noticing when they have a signature item nailed that needs repeating. A couple more notes on that. Sorry IWC...

One example is the bracelet and abandoning the design that might be the greatest and most comfortable ever as well as being completely unique. Now the bracelets are no different than any other brand including lesser ones.

Another is not doing a Ti watch - another IWC signature. It is well know in WIS circles and otherwise that NOBODY executes Ti that IWC. They just dwarf the competition at it. Not holding that up is another example of how they are taking their eye off the ball.

And the internal bezel. COME ON! What are they thinking. The single coolest thing done to dive watches since forever that was unique and they just abandon it. Huh? Speechless...

Look, I think the watches look great but fact is fact. It is one thing to constantly change and evolve. But is is pretty much branding survival 101 that you must be awre of true achievements and repeat some of them to establish yourself as unique. These watches are all nice but if you took the logo off it is tougher to tell who made them. Could be an Oris or something. They could have done all the updates, new colors, polished center links, etc. and kept the braclet design, done a Ti watch, etc.

I'll still probably buy one because they look cool, but I will never sell my Ti AT which is a signature piece for them and I love it. But I still stand by what I said in that IWC has a history of discontinuing stuff just as they get a following for it. Not to worry anyway, like the rest of the standard lines you probably won't be able to get one anyway. They suck at production, supply and demand awareness too...