When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did You See The New Pam 222 From TTK?

sssurfer

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=9166

As far as I can tell, it seems perfectly repped (provided it is powered with a 7750).

Even the writings on the caseback are consistent. Clous de Paris dial. Nice date mag, too.

A new crown, and we might have a new candidate to the title of most accurate PAM!

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

link to the gen

According to my supplier...it's a 7750.....after all the posts today....I had no enthusiasm to go into great detail about it...that's why I said it was swiss....and that you guys would know what's on offer anyway.....!

According to my supplier...it's a 7750.....after all the posts today....I had no enthusiasm to go into great detail about it...that's why I said it was swiss....and that you guys would know what's on offer anyway.....!

It's a pity you are embittered right now, TTK. I feel you have something good there.

@cwai02: how can you tell the movement?

I had this watch. No swiss, no 7750. Asian 21J movement.

Movement shot:

94514-27605.jpg

Ok, thanks. Sorry, I missed your post.

Anyway, yes, the outside is very well done.

If TTK's model has a 7750, it's a killer -- unlikely at that price, though.

Wow! That movement is nicely finished. Clean as a whistle, too...

Unfortunately, this watch suffers from a glaring flaw that will always keep it from being considered "the most accurate PAM". I know this first hand because I also own this piece. When I first got it I was ecstatic. It looked virtually identical to the gen - except for the crown, of course. I compared it to several pics and it always held up. But that's no proof, and I know better than to merely trust my lieing eyes! (I learned that from reading these boards for over a year.) So what did I do? I sent the piece off to Stanford University in California (yup, home of the famous SLAC facility and its linear accelerator) for thorough analysis. They said it would be costly ($17 to $19!), extremely time-consuming (4 to 7 days), and highly controversial (for obvious reasons). They double-checked to see if I had the resources, as well as the stomache, to go through with it. We proceeded...

Well, the results are in! It took much longer than they estimated, 8 days to be exact, so I stopped funds on the check I paid them with (more on that later...). Anyway; their findings were heartbreaking. It seems that under the electron microscope it was determined that the "Clos du Paris hobnails" were deficient per square millimeter. Outrageous!!! They weren't just a little off, either. They were wayyyyy off. There are supposed to be 8 hobnails per sq mm, as in the gen, but there are only 7.84 hobnails per sq mm in the rep. It's funny, because now that they pointed this out, I can't help but notice this flaw every time I look at the watch. I can't help but wonder how many of the guys at the office noticed this already and have been snickering behind my back (I told them all that it was gen). There's no way I can wear this piece again, to say the least.

I asked the guys at Stanford what they thought I should do to remedy the situation. They said that I should file a dispute with paypal and send the watch back to the dealer. They also recommended naming the dealer if he should put up a fuss. additionally, they referred me to an excellent attorney (Mark Geragos, esq.) should the situation devolve into defamation and/or libel.

I will keep this forum updated as the situation developes...

p.s Neil; would you mind counting the hobnails per square millimeter on the piece you have for sale? Maybe it is a next-generation version with the correct number. Also; could you possibly measure each hobnail and comment on their size/shape consistency relative to each other? If it measures up to snuff, I may be interested in one of yours if you can guarantee delivery, give me a big discount, and gift-wrap the piece in something with either a medieval winter solstice theme, or perhaps a nice retrospective of jazz musicians from the golden era of be-bop. Thanks in advance... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@ fah fah fooey......after all you've been thru'....I'm gonna send the dial off to The Zigmeister....have him bring the hobnails up to 8 per sq mm.....and then send it to you free of charge....i will of course ensure that all duty is paid on it.....you have a 1 year warranty...and 18 month replacement plan...free of course....and into the bargain...I'm gonna send you the best Sub...but don't tell anyone about that...it'll spoil it for the newbies...thay won't bable to ask anymore....!

That's the good news....the bad news is that is indeed NOT a 7750....but a standard Asian21j.....still beautiful tho'....but the girl has to lower her skirt a little....$189.00 FREE SHIPPING....!

Edited by TTK

@ fah fah fooey......after all you've been thru'....I'm gonna send the dial off to The Zigmeister....have him bring the hobnails up to 8 per sq mm.....and then send it to you free of charge....i will of course ensure that all duty is paid on it.....you have a 1 year warranty...and 18 month replacement plan...free of course....and into the bargain...I'm gonna send you the best Sub...but don't tell anyone about that...it'll spoil it for the newbies...thay won't bable to ask anymore....!

That's the good news....the bad news is that is indeed NOT a 7750....but a standard Asian21j.....still beautiful tho'....but the girl has to lower her skirt a little....$189.00 FREE SHIPPING....!

Well, first off, thanks Neil. I really appreciate the spirit of your flawed offer. I know you were only trying to help me in the most professional and considerate way you could think of. Here's the problem, though; You never considered the tax implications! I guess you just expect me to pay the gift tax on this windfall, eh? I realize that you were just trying to help, Neil. But the last thing I want is more problems and the IRS on my case. And who's gonna pay me for my time when I have to go to the p.o. to pick up all of these so-called gifts? And have you seen gas prices lately? The p.o. is almost 2 miles away and these watches never seem to arrive when someone is home to receive them, another deficiency of our supposedly cream'o'the-crop dealers. And who will restore the dignity I lost back at the office when I paraded around for days with a glaringly bogus watch on that I claimed was real to anyone who would listen? (I was just starting to re-establish respect after that whole recessed pin incident at the Christmas party when I was sportin' my fiddy like a rooster.)

So, thanks anyway, Neil. But would you mind just sending me a bunch of cash baked into a cake, or perhaps a loaf of bread. I'll leave the amount to your discretion.

p.s. If you don't send me piles of money, I'll know for sure that everyone was right about you all along. <_<

Edited by fahfahfooey

fahfah,

let me plaude to the new Mark Twain on the board! :clap3:

I own it and love it. The simple flaw is that there is a hole in the side of the case for the date adjustment which is how all the Asian 21j adjust when there is a Power Reserve version. The funny part is that it could be made with a 7750 and a couple of extra gears. That is what is in the gen uses. Awesome watch and well priced though.

I own it and love it. The simple flaw is that there is a hole in the side of the case for the date adjustment which is how all the Asian 21j adjust when there is a Power Reserve version. The funny part is that it could be made with a 7750 and a couple of extra gears. That is what is in the gen uses. Awesome watch and well priced though.

You are right as always Warren.

In the excitement of a 7750 222 I completely missed the holepush on a side even if it was actually showing on TTK's pics.

My apologies to all.

Sorry ..fah fah...( every time I read your name...I cant get Talking Heads out my brain)......no soup..er...cash for you......I guess I'm just a rudeboy.....Admin...change mah name to Rudee......:D