When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini Franken 113

scotty

Few minutes to kill....thought I'd post these.

Sorry about the pics - from my mobile at the desk.

Opinions?

post-3909-1234284254_thumb.jpgpost-3909-1234284272_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1234284226_thumb.jpgpost-3909-1234284291_thumb.jpg

Think the movement is Swiss, but can't decide if stamped or engraved. I'm thinking stamped, but actually looks quite clean.

Dial is a good one :D

Nice watch ..looking good!

Movement wise -it certainly looks like a swiss balance assembly with early version asian bridges that look "stamped" rather than engraved.

These were often sold as Swiss by dealers.

I couldn't say on a % split of origin on this one though from the photos as the pearlage baseplate is not normally found on swiss parts used in rep Panerai movements this is making me think ETA clone and therefore possibly 100% Asian

Is it stamped ETA 6497-1 beneath the balance wheel?

Either way if it runs well then don't worry about it

FGD

Thanks gents. Like I say - mini Franken.

Started off as a watch I bought from a member here......who should know what he sold me movement wise (Swiss or Asian)..... :p

The case was marked, and I had a bit of luck acquiring a gen dial.

So it went to VAC for rebuilding....

* new case

* new crown

* DSN hands

* gen dial

* carry-over crystal, crown guard and case back.

The DSN hands match the dial lume colour 99%. Same for lume intensity, which is fine when charged but does actually drop relatively quickly. I think due to a very small surface area.

I'm looking for a new case-back with correct series letter, but so far no luck.

Has a few scratches on the bezel, and I'm not sure how best to tackle these - cape cod?

Thanks Peeps. Much appreciated...

Crappy pics from a Nokia 5800 - and even when I try with a decent camera my results are far from many of those posted here....

Before the gen dial the 113 had a DSN dial which was fine, but the lack of subdial recession was so obvious. I really don't know why no-one has fixed that until now.

The gen dial cost a small fortune - was it worth it???? But now visually a huge difference.

V.Pleased. I've always loved the white faced PAM's.

My watchsmith recommended NOT to use a cloth or similar, as it may leave a slightly flatter spot.

He proposed removing the bezel and polishing the scratches out on a wheel.

He's got my Fiddy currently to re-set the hands (they're not 100% parallel to the dial, and the minute hand has a small deformation where it fits the cannon pin).

Will probably give a cloth a try to see. If I screw up - off to my watchsmith.....

Now debating what to do with my Slytech. Bought it from Schulz here (great guy).

Has the black dial superlumed by Dr Ziggy, but came with a spare white dial and hands set.

I'm debating to change to the white dial......not decided yet.....

I think your 113 comes with a E serial movt. Hence the H serial see thru caseback is incorrect.

I have 2pcs of E serial movt caseback from the cartel. It will help to make your 113 more accurate.

PM me if you are interested.

Nice gen dial BTW.

Here's my white pam114F

2692303180_2372e6aa10.jpg

2692304226_5cb973cb65.jpg

:)

Beautiful piece. You've a PM.

Hio mate, long time no speak :)

yup, closed caseback or e-series one, both quite tricky to find but if Jitai has one on offer - get it while still can :-)

Saw that mov't myself, it's the first e-series Swiss ETA version with pointy needle S/N, definitely not Asian, bridges and decos are, but the drivetrain is ETA 6497-1 slower beat.

Wear it in good health and keep in touch!

cheers,

babola

Hio mate, long time no speak :)

yup, closed caseback or e-series one, both quite tricky to find but if Jitai has one on offer - get it while still can :-)

Saw that mov't myself, it's the first e-series Swiss ETA version with pointy needle S/N, definitely not Asian, bridges and decos are, but the drivetrain is ETA 6497-1 slower beat.

Wear it in good health and keep in touch!

cheers,

babola

Hi stranger........getting any sleep?????? :p

Thanx all.

Jitai - you have a PM.