When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Refinishing Tip

chronology1066

Just a tip for all out there. I was looking at options for refinishing various watch bits and removing sharp edges and burrs from bands etc. After much digging around I decided to raid the wifes manicure kit and found the greatest addition to my tool kit. Bought from the Body Shop a manicure block, some have four some have three sides from fairly coarse through to polishing grade granularity. Tried it out on my new HBB Tuiga to take a couple of edges and then polished it through the grades the results are to say the least impressive. Give it a go and see what I mean for everything from brushed finish on steel or titanium I am going to try a couple more cases tonight and see how I get on. Might try the GST band with masking to brush and then mirror finish the mid links. Also sinc eit is a block it is far easier to keep a line on brushed finishes.Someone may have already mentioned this but just in case

Good tips.

When you're finished, try using car wax to polish the whole bracelet. The surface feels silky and smooth after that. I always do that to all my rep bracelets, and it really makes a difference.