When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginmariner arrived!

Jit

Hi RWG.

I am now the proud owner of my first rep!!!

Got home to find a lovely 'gift' from Josh. Took me about 15 mins to get it out of the box as Josh had

secured it in lots of bubble wrap! I followed all the instructions :

Wind the watch about 15-20 times

Set the time

Set the date

I had to remove two links but other than that I think it is spot on. I think I will smooth the bracelet edges as they are sharp and also oil the bracelet as it is slightly stiff but has loosened somewaht since last night.

My only point is that it is noisy in that sometimes when I move my hand I can hear the movement and then I can hear the winding mechanism wind a little, is this normal?

Also the date never changed at midnight? Is there a special way to set the date so it changes on its own?

Thanks in advance for any advice

(I will post pics when I get my camera back at the weekend)

Best wishes,

Jit

Thanks for that b16a2. I have changed the time so let's hope it changes over at midnight.

I have also noticed that the rolex crown that is etched on the glass at the six pm position does not sit bang on the six pm position but everso slightly to the left of it (I'm sure it should sit directly square underneath) Is there anyway that the bezel can be taken off and the glass everso slightly moved to the right? Can this be adjusted by myself and how? Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it successfully???

Can any experts help out??

Best wishes,

Jit