When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep. AP ROO with gen. rubber bezel

Snowball

As I have posted on other topics, my rubber clad is on it's way. I will have a full report soon.

That said...

If you can source a GEN rubber bezzle at a decent cost AND and that's a big AND if it fits then I am in...

I worry it wont fit because of the diameter difference

GEN 44mm

REP 42mm

thoughts?

can you buy a rubber bezzle from AP?

As I have posted on other topics, my rubber clad is on it's way. I will have a full report soon.

That said...

If you can source a GEN rubber bezzle at a decent cost AND and that's a big AND if it fits then I am in...

I worry it wont fit because of the diameter difference

GEN 44mm

REP 42mm

thoughts?

can you buy a rubber bezzle from AP?

Yes, I can.

I knew a watchsmith. He told me, that he can get every replacement part from every manufacture.

If anybody need something, please ask. ;)

I bought a genuine rubber-bezel from the bay....it does not fit! (re-sold it after testing)

The original rubber strap fits fine....but let me tell you that the quality of the rep is equal to the real deal...I have both and you can hardly tell any difference....the gen feels a bit more stiffy.

Theo

I bought a genuine rubber-bezel from the bay....it does not fit! (re-sold it after testing)

The original rubber strap fits fine....but let me tell you that the quality of the rep is equal to the real deal...I have both and you can hardly tell any difference....the gen feels a bit more stiffy.

Theo

Thanks for the update on the bezel mate. Although I do recall someone had mentioned that be had fit the ten bezel on the rep.

Agreed, it was a dream that lasted about 5 seconds but I felt that it would not as per the diameter..

here is info from Luxury bizarre..

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Selfwinding Chronograph. Leather Strap strap. Water resistant up to 100 m. Screwdown crown and Sapphire crystal. Diameter is 44mm. Date, hours, seconds, minutes, and chronograph functions. Caliber 2226/2840

and now the same from PC

Chronograph : 9.00 subdial - minute counter, 6.00 subdials, hour counter

2.00 pusher - start/stop chrono, 4.00 pusher - reset, Blue Rubber Pushers

Day and Date at 3.00 set via crown ( Mag Crystal Mounted on Dial)

Dimensions : Dia 42mm x 15.5mm Thk

can't imagine how it could fit with that difference in size.....

curious though, how much is a GEN rubber bezzle?

The difference from rep to gen rubberbezel were 2 things:

1) the screw-holes are placed different...allthough only some fractions of millimeters...it was not possible to attache the screws

2) the gen rubber bezel is a different construction and the screws are different in size (not diameter but hight and thickness)

The gen rubber bezel was 400