When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advise needed on Gen Trade

bruce79

I recently took in a 111i on trade and am now considering trading it for a 000K...just love the base painted dial. My 111 is in excellent shape with some scratches and a ding or two. The 000 is in Mint condition and is only 6 months old. Even though the 111 has a better movement and retails for a bit higher, would you consider this trade to be even? The 111 is over two years old and runs great, just regulated to +3 seconds. I would say so but I just wanted to bounce it off the gen owners here. Thanks

It's a tough call because the pre-owned market is so soft right now. I have seen 111i go from $3500-$4000 and 000k series go from $3300 to $3800. The 000 is no doubt in better cosmetic condition, has 1.5 years left on the warranty, 1 owner, and comes with everything! Mine is a couple years old, has some dings & scratches, no outer box/polishing cloth. As you know, selling a gen nowadays is tough. I know the 111 retails for more but on the used market, with the above watches in mind...it's tough.