When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with my new BCE!

PaulVanDyk

So i just got my BCE from Josh. There seems to be some problem with it. however. I can't wind it as the middle "thingy" (dont know the proper jargon) cannot be turned either way to wind the watch. Also it seems that i can't get the "middle thingy" out to set the correct time. The only thing thats kind of working is the seconds @ 9.

Just realized that the minutes hand is moving also, but the "big" seconds hand is not. Should i just send it back? or what?

Welcome aboard and congrats on becoming a supporter.

Read the links in my Noob Guide linked in my Signature on the A7750 movement. You should generally not wind your watch with the middle thing which is called a crown. Movement on the seconds hand should start after a few gentle swirls of the watch. You will need to pull the crown out to set the time obviously.

To do so...you will need to unscrew the crown, and you will find there are 3 positions which you'll feel as subtle "clicks" that the crown can be pulled out. In the all the way in position, that is the winding position. In the all the way out position, you can set the time, and in the middle position you can set the date (turning one direction will change the date and the other will change the day).

DO NOT SET THE DATE BETWEEN THE HOURS OF ABOUT 10pm and 3AM or so. This applies to the real gens as well!! Read the posts in the Noob Guide for more details.

ok, so the crown is not stuck. i was able to change the time and date, however after winding the watch for like 5 minutes i was still unable to make the regular seconds hand move while the "seconds @ 9" are moving fine and the regular minutes hand responds to it. im guessing im sending it back :(

ok, so the crown is not stuck. i was able to change the time and date, however after winding the watch for like 5 minutes i was still unable to make the regular seconds hand move while the "seconds @ 9" are moving fine and the regular minutes hand responds to it. im guessing im sending it back :(

The "regular" seconds hand is the chrono seconds hand...and only runs when the stop watch runs. You start the stop watch pressing the top chrono pusher, and stop it by pressing the top chrono pusher AGAIN. You reset the chrono by pressing the bottom chrono pusher.

The "seconds at 9" are the REAL "regular" seconds...those are your running seconds.

Read the guides on how to use a mechanical chrono. You should NOT be winding your watch manually for 5 minutes. Read the posts in the Noob Guide to find out why winding your A7750 driven watch is a bad idea.

Because you upgraded to Supporter...I'll even tell you where to look in the Noob Guide:

STEP 4 - You've got the watch...now what??

The regular seconds hand that you refer to is the one with "B" mark on its tail??? If yes this is the chrono seconds hand and in order to start it you should first read Toadtorrent's guide :D and then unscrew the top up button of your watch and press it so as to release the chrono gears and set it in function!! BUT read first the guide cause you must know how to stop the chrono in order not to jam the watch (sometimes this happens,too)!

It seems that both me and Toadtorrent were writing a response at the same time...So just follow Toadtorrent's advice and you will not fail with your watch!Being aware of how it works helps towards having your watch for a long time and in good "shape" ;)

BTW...the chrono pushers I don't believe are screw in on the BCE...only the crown...you just have to push them.

Ignore previous post...My mistake :(

Well in fact they are...He must unscrew them both if he wants to operate the chronos!But it's something easy that he won't have a problem in executing biggrin.gif

Ignore previous post...My mistake :(

Well in fact they are...He must unscrew them both if he wants to operate the chronos!But it's something easy that he won't have a problem in executing biggrin.gif

Things you learn! Ignore my previous post then. I was thinking the older version of the BCE when I was looking at this watch. The new ones are screwdown...the old ones weren't. My confusion...blame it on old age. :p

Well in fact they are...He must unscrew them both if he wants to operate the chronos!But it's something easy that he won't have a problem in executing :D

OH SNAP!!!!! I feel Like SUCH A NOOB :doh: Yall are right.... I am sorry to bother u fine people with my nonsense BS

THANKS FOR HELPING ME.

OH SNAP!!!!! I feel Like SUCH A NOOB

Say the following with Yoda voice: There is no "feel Like SUCH A NOOB"...only "ARE A NOOB".

Welcome to the world of watches my friend. Now that you have gained illumination and enlightenment...don't forget to post pics...and remember to keep having fun.

Things you learn! Ignore my previous post then. :p

@ Toadtorrent: No problem Toadtorrent your advice is always a great contribution and your guide is something that has saved me from a lot of mistakes...Iknew about the chronos cause i have the same watch :D :D

@ Wantareplica: Just take care of your watch and enjoy it in health!!

@ Toadtorrent: No problem Toadtorrent your advice is always a great contribution and your guide is something that has saved me from a lot of mistakes...Iknew about the chronos cause i have the same watch :D :D

@ Wantareplica: Just take care of your watch and enjoy it in health!!

i'll post photos in a little bit...gotta find the camera.

Already have a GEN dial and Lello DW on the way (from defender) - so this thing is gonna be SHWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! (that is if The Zigmeister will by kind enough to a noob and respond to my PM's)....keeping my fingers crossed.

(that is if The Zigmeister will by kind enough to a noob and respond to my PM's)....keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm not sure when he's accepting new appointments for the next round...so be patient. He usually posts something when he's back to accepting work and not either clearing off his bench or busy with his "real" job.

I THINK IM IN LOVE :wub: W/ MY BCE.

1st off - THANKS TO JOSH for super fast shipping (got it within a WEEK)

The DATE centers perfectly and looks pretty Gen, "TACHYMETRE" is all there.... it even has some LUME ( not radioactive like SL but its there)

MY BEST REP SO FAR!!!!

The only funny thing about it is that it smells like potatoes

Not a great photographer by any means. Still trying to figure out how my camera works.

evo1sq5.jpg

evo2tj3.jpg

evo3hc0.jpg

AND THE WRIST SHOT

evo4jp4.jpg