When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Arrival of my new rubber clad

It Arrived.

Took a little longer than I expected to get out of customs, which made me worry for a minute but my girl reminded me that it was a holiday.

I am in love all over again. This is my third purchase from Josh and I am thrilled.

My second ROO, the first Navy SS

I had been posting and reading with a lot of curious anxiety about the bezzle, the peeling and the quality. Some of you may have even been annoyed by my persistence in trying to find out....

Well, I have found out first hand.

It's beautiful. The quality is unreal and just like you guys said the rubber band is VERY close to the GEN..

The black dial rubber clad is in my humble opinion the closest looking to the GEN and man does it look great..

Upon first impression the bezzle is sturdy, hard and very resilient. As if it is solid rubber, which was my hope..

The Lume is a bit on the weak side but there is lume and it looks great.

I know, I know PICTURES....

Coming, I promise...

congratulation and enjoy with new baby everyday .

what is your next target .

thanks

It Arrived.

Took a little longer than I expected to get out of customs, which made me worry for a minute but my girl reminded me that it was a holiday.

I am in love all over again. This is my third purchase from Josh and I am thrilled.

My second ROO, the first Navy SS

I had been posting and reading with a lot of curious anxiety about the bezzle, the peeling and the quality. Some of you may have even been annoyed by my persistence in trying to find out....

Well, I have found out first hand.

It's beautiful. The quality is unreal and just like you guys said the rubber band is VERY close to the GEN..

The black dial rubber clad is in my humble opinion the closest looking to the GEN and man does it look great..

Upon first impression the bezzle is sturdy, hard and very resilient. As if it is solid rubber, which was my hope..

The Lume is a bit on the weak side but there is lume and it looks great.

I know, I know PICTURES....

Coming, I promise...

I look forward to seing how this new bezel holds up.

Just for your info - because of the way the case (Bezel, Case, Caseback) is constructed, the bezel can't be solid rubber. Actually the screws that you see on the bezel connect to the screws (which are actually nuts) in the caseback. Solid rubber would not withstand the force when you screw the caseback tight.

On mine, the bezel was rubber coated matte black plastic and with the rubber coating removed, it looks pretty much like before.

post-2851-1235396783_thumb.jpg

I look forward to seing how this new bezel holds up.

Just for your info - because of the way the case (Bezel, Case, Caseback) is constructed, the bezel can't be solid rubber. Actually the screws that you see on the bezel connect to the screws (which are actually nuts) in the caseback. Solid rubber would not withstand the force when you screw the caseback tight.

On mine, the bezel was rubber coated matte black plastic and with the rubber coating removed, it looks pretty much like before.

post-2851-1235396783_thumb.jpg

that makes perfect sense, thank you...

We will see. I am failure with what I believe is the pvd coating "spray" that it seems was how the original bezzles where made. This does appear if not fully solid, quite solid. I would be surprised if it were to begin peeling, chipping yes but peeling or shredding, I don't see it.

Lets hope not. I will keep you all posted. As I said I am not babying it at all. Wearing long sleeves and coats, its been raining after all in Los Angeles...

The best part of now having two ROO is that I can keep one off while I wear the other. As per Francisco that is the best way to preserve the movement.