When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Explorer II to buy?

Prsist

WM9 hasn't made a Explorer II.

White ones are all inaccurate. Don't buy them. You will be sorry if you do. All ExpII whites have grey hour markers (grey when the light hits them from certain angle. See this dial example.

If you have read so much, how come you haven't find out the answer from my section (I have reviewed this watch to death): There's only one excellent Explorer II replica, and it's the black "Noobfactory" one from bklm1234. Don't even consider any other models.

2s.jpg

WM9 hasn't made a Explorer II.

White ones are all inaccurate. Don't buy them. You will be sorry if you do. All ExpII whites have grey hour markers (grey when the light hits them from certain angle. See this dial example.

If you have read so much, how come you haven't find out the answer from my section (I have reviewed this watch to death): There's only one excellent Explorer II replica, and it's the black "Noobfactory" one from bklm1234. Don't even consider any other models.

2s.jpg

I wonder how he could have missed your classic black Exp II review... :huh:

I wonder how he could have missed your classic black Exp II review... :huh:

I've read the review. Your not a fan of the white dial. I can live with the grey hour rings. I purchased the SD lite rep from trusty and am 98% pleased with the watch. Mov't is a little noisy but I wanted to test the "rep" waters with an inexpensive purchase. I've signed up for WM9's SD due later in the year. I'm looking for a white dial watch and have always loved the Rolex ExpII. I have enough black dial watches and I just dont find the black dial ExpII sexy.

I believe this is getting out of topic, dude.

You initially asked, which Exp II to buy..white or black? Then go on to say that you have bought Andrew's white one...By-Tor then comments that the white ones are ALL inaccurate & that the black noob Exp IIs from bklm1234 are the best in the market at the moment (that is absolute sound advice for people looking for the closest Exp II rep, btw...) So, I then wonder how you could have missed By-Tor's review on the Exp II. And now you state that you can live with the incorrect grey hour markers and that you have also gotten an SD lite from Andrew to test rep waters..Then go on to mention that you have signed up for bklm1234's WM9 SD... Whew...My head is spinning from your posts...

I take it that you did read all about the incorrect grey hour markers and Exp IIs...YET, you chose the white dial because you have enough black dial watches. So why even bother asking which Exp II to get when you like the white dial in spite of its inaccuracies and have already purchased one??? Unless of course you're again "testing rep waters"?

And please, do not for a split-second assume that I am not a fan of the white dial Exp II.

Cheers. ;)

Ah, how difficult a mod is it to install black hour marker rings? Where can you find said rings? Ever since you mentioned it I've been staring at the gen and the rep, the gen then the rep, over and over.

Like you, i've been meaning to make the move. I like both the black and white. BK offers both but i cant quite decide which to go for. Personally, for whatever reason, i just cant see the grey rings for the black (perhaps im just that kinda guy who cant see the forest for the trees, nor smell my own sh!t on my knees)...

Anyhoo long story short, ive got both the black and white gen dials albeit the tritium versions...but alas dunno if they'll fit the noob ones that BK stocks coz like by-tor has said, onlythe older seemingly extinct versions seem to be able to accomodate these....

Also my white dialed one is a little banged-up...dunno if shld get it relumed etc....

You think your head's spinning? Mine's practically falling off

I believe this is getting out of topic, dude.

You initially asked, which Exp II to buy..white or black? Then go on to say that you have bought Andrew's white one...By-Tor then comments that the white ones are ALL inaccurate & that the black noob Exp IIs from bklm1234 are the best in the market at the moment (that is absolute sound advice for people looking for the closest Exp II rep, btw...) So, I then wonder how you could have missed By-Tor's review on the Exp II. And now you state that you can live with the incorrect grey hour markers and that you have also gotten an SD lite from Andrew to test rep waters..Then go on to mention that you have signed up for bklm1234's WM9 SD... Whew...My head is spinning from your posts...

I take it that you did read all about the incorrect grey hour markers and Exp IIs...YET, you chose the white dial because you have enough black dial watches. So why even bother asking which Exp II to get when you like the white dial in spite of its inaccuracies and have already purchased one??? Unless of course you're again "testing rep waters"?

And please, do not for a split-second assume that I am not a fan of the white dial Exp II.

Cheers. ;)

Well said....What exactly was the advice you were looking for? Who has the best White Dial Explorer II?

Well said....What exactly was the advice you were looking for? Who has the best White Dial Explorer II?

Im looking for an Explorer II with the amount of potential problems. I read people comment on how it's like a timebomb because of the module (Asian?) added to the mov't. I just want to strap on the watch and go. No mods (I say that now) just want to enjoy a watch.

Im looking for an Explorer II with the amount of potential problems. I read people comment on how it's like a timebomb because of the module (Asian?) added to the mov't. I just want to strap on the watch and go. No mods (I say that now) just want to enjoy a watch.

Hmmm, that will be difficult if you look for an accurate one.

As anything else in matter of taste...go for what you really like and avoid the time bomb ;)