When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Member with Panerai questions/issues

OneMan24

Hi all, this is my first post and I wanted to say I look forward to posting and being part of this community.

I have a couple of Panerai replicas that I love but have a couple of issues with.

First, my fantasy Panerai with a real Carbon Fibre face, Auto, CF strap with white stitching. I realize it is a fake model that was never made but I love it.

Question 1

I dropped the watch face down today....resulting in the crystal cracking. Boooo!

Where can I get replacements? How do I know what size the watch is...IE where do I take the measurement for the 44mm etc or whatever the watch is?

Question 2

The crown latch is loose and always flops open, are there remedies/replacements for that problem?

Question 3, my 1950 replica pictured below has stopped working. I am not sure if it's a hand wind or auto...I bought the watch 2 years ago and it stopped working 4 months later. I tried winding it but it went to the "end" of the wind and hasn't worked sisnce. I am not sure if it's worth it to try and fix it or if it's even a quality replica. I have enclosed pics of it as well.

I hope you can help me, I love my watches! Any tips on modding them (if possible) making them look more correct etc is appreciated!

post-20465-1235263492_thumb.jpg

post-20465-1235263506_thumb.jpg

post-20465-1235263530_thumb.jpg

post-20465-1235263545_thumb.jpg

post-20465-1235263561_thumb.jpg

Edited by OneMan24

Welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, there is not much accurate about either of these watches so modding for the sake of making them more genuine like is probably not a wise investment.

That being said, your Carbon Fiber model looks like a standard 44MM case. I would try Davidsen for a new Sapphire crystal...

Regarding your CG level looseness....The crown you have on it now is extremely thin. You might want to Try a T-48 Crown and then I expect your level will snug right up.

With respects to your Fiddy - Yours appears to be the 44MM Mini-Fiddy with a standard Asian movement. You could check with someone like Vacume to see if he would take a look at it and repair it...

Best of luck and enjoy the forum

DL

Where do I take measurements to find the size? If I measure the fiddy with a caliper on the front bezel edge to bezel edge, it's 47mm. Also my fiddy seems to work only when it is face down....as soon as I flip it over to put it on, it slows to a stop. Who/where should I get a good fiddy from?

For the CF one, I've done some searching but how would I replace the crown myself? Is there a DIY? Where can I buy a T-48 crown? Should I put the crown from my bad fiddy onto the Carbon one and get a new fiddy?

SO sorry for so many questions

With all due respect, I would not advice to mod these watches. They are the cheapest versions of reps and any real modifications will be more expensive than the price of the watch itself. And will never work, because a lot of parts are way off, f.i. the crown guards and the crown...

If you are really looking for a more 1:1 Panerai, then you could start with one of the PAM watches from the trusted dealers on the board. F.i. trustytime/Andrew.

Have fun on RWG. And be careful... before you know it, you are hooked and you will spend hours and hours of time on the board. :o

Cheers!

Yeah, I totally understand with the 1950, I have already contacted Davidsen to see about getting one of his quality ones. That is a good start, correct?

With respect BACK (:D) I just want to replace the glass on the CF one, I really like the watch and am not looking to make it look more real, just un-broken haha....the crown mod is to prevent it from opening on its own all the time.

I am looking forward to the new 1950 and getting the CF one back in order!

Hopefully Davidsen will chime in with his $0.02!

Mark

This is the Fiddy I was thinking about:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...51ce04a35bb2d9d

Thoughts? Please let me know where the measurements are taken to deduce the 47mm, I'd like to measure my current broken fiddy and make sure I get the right size.

Thanks!!

Also, if my CF one is terrible in terms of quality, can its face and hands be put in a better quality 44mm panerai rep?

Edited by OneMan24