When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Messed up BCE bracelet screw heads.

oirish

Ive just made a mess of the screwheads on my new BCE SS bracelet. I was trying to take off a link or 2 and in my haste I made a balls o' it all. I now have two options; replace the bracelet with a strap or try and bore out the dodgy screws (Which I aint looking forward to).

Ive tried taking out the pins to remove the bracelet but I cant get a proper grip to do the job. Any suggestions? Do I need a special tool for this? Should I just go to a smith?

Also who is the best to buy Breitling straps from? A tan brown would go nicely with my graphite Evo.

Any help appreciated.

Sorry to hear about that mate, personally I would take it a smith and ask if they can do anything with it. That bracelet is worth saving...

You can remove the springbars using a small jewel flathead screwdriver, this is what I was using before I bought my springbar tool and it served me fine. Just make sure you have a good grip on the screwdriver, otherwise it could slip and scratch the hell out of your caseback or the lug area.

Take the screwdriver in your hands and attempt to catch onto one of the "rings" on the springbar, and push inwards, whilst gently pushing the bracelet ends down with your thumb from your other hand. This should release one side, repeat on the opposite end.

Breitling straps... try Bob, he deals on ebay and here, check out his section. On ebay you can type in "bob breitling" and you should get some results. He's known for good quality and well priced straps :)

I cant be 100% sure but it sounds like you did the same thing I did. The AD in my area told me that I should have removed the links from the clasp not the lugs. :oops: Bracelet is runined. :wallbash: I found a desent strap on E-Bay for $25 shiped. It's a heart breaker thats for sure. Hopefuly you will have better luck. The final results may not be the same. Good luck :) Mike

I still don't understand how that worked max.. lol

AND for the OP a tip on when you're removing the springbars MAKE SURE you have a finger on the other side of the lug to catch the bar if it gets released I spent 2 hours digging around my room the one night trying to find one that sprung away on me :-P

I sorted it. I removed the two links via brute force. There are 2 screws per link with one screw head rounded in each link. I stuck a screwdriver shaft behind each link with the dodgy screw and pulled. It did the job.

That was my first mini mod. I reckon I'm ready to take on an A7750 service now. :) . Me watch hammer is around here somewhere...

Thanks for the responses. I'm on the hunt for a strap too. Your tips will come in handy there.