When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Divinely Inspired watch repair?

TeeJay

Okay, just had a somewhat unusual experience...

While making my afternoon prayers, I felt inspired to put on my Planet Ocean (once my prayers were finished, of course) I picked up the watch, and went to adjust the time, and instead of adjusting the time, the crown screwed off in my hand :o

It was the work of but a few minutes to remove the back, remove the stem, and then use a little cyanoacrylate to re-secure the crown to the stem. Having heard how fumes from curing cyanoacrylate can accumulate under the crystal (if used in dial repairs) I'm going to leave it to totally cure before I re-insert the stem and seal the case, but just wanted to share this minor-revalation. Had I not made the prayers, I might not have been inspired to put the watch on for some time, and, had I planned to put it on at some point in the future, it's possible that I might have chosen to wear the watch (and experienced the same stem/crown failure) at a time when I didn't have the necessary time and tools to hand to actually fix it... Divine Intervention. I feel a line from Pulp Fiction gives an excellent definition of Divine Intervention:

Jules: Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved.

I'd certainly agree with that definition, and certainly what I experienced just now :)