When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New watches finally arrived - oh joy!

robsa

Evening all!

Well, finally picked up my new watches from Eurotimez... and they are fantastic! I am so pleased with them. I have a Rolex GMT II ceramic (WHS) and an Omega Seamaster (non chrono). My bro has a real Rollie GMT Master II and I fell in love with it when I saw it. I have told myself I will buy a real one if I manage to sell the book I am writing. I love the Seamaster too.

The GMT II is so lovely! And heavy and gorgeous and shiny. I will try and take some pics after my battery has charged... I will have a quick search for taking photos on the board.

So a big thanks to Chris @ eurotimez for the great watches! Now all I have to do is wait for my Deep Sea Dweller to arrive and then I can turn my attention to a nice Pammie and perhaps a Montblanc too!

Robsa

Welcome aboard. I see you caught the fever hard and fast. There are links to taking and posting pics in the Noob Guide in my signature.

Ah, thank you Toad. I will be reading your post with interest. One thing though, it looks like it will need a tweak concerning timekeeping. Should I wait for awhile? ie Does it need to 'bed in'? It seems rather fast at the mo - gained about 2 seconds in the last hour or so! I will check her this time tomorrow. My gen IWC is from the 60's and keeps perfect time!

And if I can adjust it straight away - after some bungled mess I got myself into last time I tried doing anything to a watch - should I take her to a watchmaker?

regards

Robsa

Should I wait for awhile? ie Does it need to 'bed in'? It seems rather fast at the mo - gained about 2 seconds in the last hour or so! I will check her this time tomorrow. My gen IWC is from the 60's and keeps perfect time!

And if I can adjust it straight away - after some bungled mess I got myself into last time I tried doing anything to a watch - should I take her to a watchmaker?

Wear it for awhile and see how it keeps over a couple days. They usually gain in one position and lose in another so if you move around a lot that will hopefully round out the regulation. I guess I'm trying to say that you should try and see if over a period of wear it is on average gaining or losing. You can try regulating yourself.

Read The Zigmeister's Post on Self-regulating.

Any watchmaker should be able to do it for you. It's not expensive and takes probably 30 minutes or so. If it's within 20s/day you're doing alright.

Wear it for awhile and see how it keeps over a couple days. They usually gain in one position and lose in another so if you move around a lot that will hopefully round out the regulation. I guess I'm trying to say that you should try and see if over a period of wear it is on average gaining or losing. You can try regulating yourself.

Read The Zigmeister's Post on Self-regulating.

Any watchmaker should be able to do it for you. It's not expensive and takes probably 30 minutes or so. If it's within 20s/day you're doing alright.

20 secs a day! My old IWC loses far less than that a week! I guess thats the difference between buying a rep and owning the real thing?!

20 secs a day! My old IWC loses far less than that a week! I guess thats the difference between buying a rep and owning the real thing?!

My rep BCE loses 1 and a half minute per month but it's still a rep... ;) In my opinion it has nothing to do with the fact that a watch is a rep or a gen but it has to do with how it was adjusted (and if it was adjusted, of course) to keep its time! You cannot blame a watch not keeping a good time if it was not adjusted so...It's a corrective action you should take :rolleyes:

My rep BCE loses 1 and a half minute per month but it's still a rep... ;) In my opinion it has nothing to do with the fact that a watch is a rep or a gen but it has to do with how it was adjusted (and if it was adjusted, of course) to keep its time! You cannot blame a watch not keeping a good time if it was not adjusted so...It's a corrective action you should take :rolleyes:

Ahh, well, by the looks of things my new Rollie loses that a day! So, hopefully I can persuade the old watchmaker down the road to adjust it for me...

thanks again guys

Ahh, well, by the looks of things my new Rollie loses that a day! So, hopefully I can persuade the old watchmaker down the road to adjust it for me...

thanks again guys

Good luck and it's not something you should worry about ;)