When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

adding a real eta 2824-2 to a heritage

miagi

Hi. i previously bought a superocean heritage with a faulty movement.

so i took it to (what turned out to be a repfriendly :euro: ) watchmaker in my town to have him take a look at it. He was really impressed with the fit and finish of the case, but as he said... the movement was a nother story. he quickly confirmed what i already knew; its not a real eta (nor does the dealer claim it is, so thats no prob)..but he really could not do much about it either... forgot to ask him if i could order a real eta 2824-2 through him, but i kinda know he would have no prob installing it for me if i order one myself.

i see that otto frei has two ETA 2824-2 movements listed for 145-149$ ..is this the REAL thing? knowing that he has a turbulent past with many of you longtimers...-is there some other good source for a swiss eta?

He states in the description of the ETA's that the "date at 3o'clock" ??? but there is no dial,so isnt the date really ANYWHERE the little hole is made out to be on the DIAL? like my superocean heritage is date at 6?? --issues or false claims from ofrei?

http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html this is ofreis listings

replies much appreciated! :)

edit: to clarify it is what our dealers state is "ultimate superocean heritage"

Edited by miagi

You would have to confirm exactly what movement or copy of what movement you have in the watch right now.

If it's a copy of the ETA 28XX then you can replace it with the ETA from Ofrei. Datewheel can be swapped between the two and hands should fit without any problems.

If you have something other than an ETA copy, you can't use the ETA as the hands etc won't fit.

Plus, you need to know what exact caliber of ETA, a 2824-2 is not the same thickness as a 2836-2.

RG

You would have to confirm exactly what movement or copy of what movement you have in the watch right now.

If it's a copy of the ETA 28XX then you can replace it with the ETA from Ofrei. Datewheel can be swapped between the two and hands should fit without any problems.

If you have something other than an ETA copy, you can't use the ETA as the hands etc won't fit.

Plus, you need to know what exact caliber of ETA, a 2824-2 is not the same thickness as a 2836-2.

RG

thank you for your fast reply

as the dealer (andrew/trusty) states it is "Asia ETA 2824-2 (28,800bph)" i dont know if that goes as universaly correct if HE claims it is... but i would have no knowledge as to if it is correct or incorrect.

trustys pic of the movement:

5cbf439d753299e08250fd03c9a8046c.image.750x497.JPG

maybe other heritage owners could chime in with knowledge about the movement?

Edited by miagi

Also since nobody else answered, the date at 3 is the only place on the dial of the ETA date wheel that the number would be sitting in the proper position.

At 9, the number would be upside down. At 6 it would be sideways. Etc.

With the proper date wheel overlay, I suppose the date window could be anywhere.

Also since nobody else answered, the date at 3 is the only place on the dial of the ETA date wheel that the number would be sitting in the proper position.

At 9, the number would be upside down. At 6 it would be sideways. Etc.

With the proper date wheel overlay, I suppose the date window could be anywhere.

Yes, that's right.