When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Bad Crap......

thomasng

I think I'm having an incredibly poor run of luck, first I recieve a bad vintage Daytona, then I get robbed and now the 187 I sent to a member in trade has been stolen!

Apparently, the package I sent to him arrived empty and was taped which was an obivous sign of tampering, as I didn't tape it but simply sealed it. I don't know what to [censored]ing do, getting robbed 2 days ago was bad enough, and now this. It was in a trade, I recieved what I was supposed to almost a week ago, while he gets an empty package. I feel really bad that this has happened.

Again, any advice on what I should do? I'm going to file a complaint with the post office tomorrow morning, but I don't know how to tell them it was a fake watch, and I obivously made a false declaration on customs.

I feel like digging a hole and lying in it, never to wake up again.

:angry::angry::angry:

I think I'm having an incredibly poor run of luck, first I recieve a bad vintage Daytona, then I get robbed and now the 187 I sent to a member in trade has been stolen!

Apparently, the package I sent to him arrived empty and was taped which was an obivous sign of tampering, as I didn't tape it but simply sealed it. I don't know what to [censored]ing do, getting robbed 2 days ago was bad enough, and now this. It was in a trade, I recieved what I was supposed to almost a week ago, while he gets an empty package. I feel really bad that this has happened.

Again, any advice on what I should do? I'm going to file a complaint with the post office tomorrow morning, but I don't know how to tell them it was a fake watch, and I obivously made a false declaration on customs.

Bad to hear you got robbed and had some bad luck with your watches, it's the pits... I feel for you man...

If I were and you trust a empty box was indeed received I would send his watch back to him. For all you know he might think you are the one that sent the empty box. Look at the items we are dealing w/ here.

His made it yours didnt you lose. Just one mans opinion.

MG

You got robbed in S'pore?! :blink:

Really feel sorry for you...same with me, if one thing is going bad the rest follows

really quick.

Got really bad luck with my new car lately...

For all you know he might think you are the one that sent the empty box.

In these circumstances the amount of postage paid (shown on the box) qualifies the weight of the item (will bear too much for sending an empty box!).

@ thomasng

"but I don't know how to tell them it was a fake watch, and I obivously made a false declaration on customs. "

You dont say which origionating Postal Authority but the Customs Declaration generally has no bearing on the claim, insurance level and proof of value do.

Edited by narikaa

Hong Kong post has indemnity up to HK$2500, which is just about the value of the 187. All I need to do now is to have the reciepts, etc. I just don't know how to prove I shoved a watch like that in the envelope, aside from the weight, and how to prove the value, but definitely the weight proves that I sent it.

Hong Kong post has indemnity up to HK$2500, which is just about the value of the 187. All I need to do now is to have the reciepts, etc. I just don't know how to prove I shoved a watch like that in the envelope, aside from the weight, and how to prove the value, but definitely the weight proves that I sent it.

Had it not been a trade then a quick print of the PayPal transaction would have done the trick.

You now either have to show its 'sale' value (which will require some collusion from the receipient)

or

Proof of YOUR purchase price (which may be far easier)

Please take no offence because I really dont know your packing procedures but shoving a watch like that in an envelope doesnt sound very promising

MG

Okay then, PUT in the envelope. I'm so sorry if my choice of vocabulary made you think that. If you don't find a huge amount of bubble wrap around the watch acceptable then please tell me what your packaging procedures are.

And by the way, I just discovered customs took it.

I tend to use boxes well taped as opposed to envelopes.

So they sent the dude a re-taped empty envelope. Thats cold.

Again thomasng no offence.

MG

I had almost the same thing happen--sold a watch, and the buyer got an empty, tampered box. I immediately refunded via paypal +10% for the buyers trouble and dissapointment. Nothing else was said until one day about three months later a surprise box showed up at my house. Inside, was a nice Andrew miyota DateJust along w/ a note from the buyer--"One good turn deserves another."

Admin, send the watch back. Good Karma will catch up with you. For the person that took your watch, Bad Karma will catch up w/ him. It all evens out in time.