When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What reps are the closest to gen atm?

e6rnd

I have seen on here that the newest ROLEX SUBMARINER is pretty amazing are there any others.

I know you will never get 1:1 without really buying a Gen or Modding. just wondering.

Edited by e6rnd

To be honest...there are too many to list...and "out of the box" is a tricky thing to categorize given things like the WM9 Subs/Sea Dwellers are so modified that even though they are "out of the box" in a way...they aren't really.

I'm going to hazard a somewhat inaccurate "catch-all" statement which others can flame me on and say for the most part...any of the recently released expensive reps are pretty darned good out of the box.

By-Tor has noted that there are a few variations on things like the GMT IIC which has some bad versions...and some good ones...but for the most part...they are all pretty good:

E.G. UN Nardin MM Chronos are all pretty good, AP ROOs seconds at 12, Grahams, Chopards, a bunch of Rollies (Milgauss green looks good, Deep Sea), BR-02 has a few good ones out, new ceramic IWC Top Gun looks good, the IWC Cousteau Divers are great (even the new 2008 is good if you like the design), Corum's have had good reviews, the DeWitts as well...Tag Aquaracer is awesome...the Link Senna model looks fantastic as well...the Omega SMP Chrono in black is good too (but a couple small problems on the OMEGA and Ohm applique happy feet)...

Too many to list...the only problem is that the bad quality releases are more the exception it seems (at least in the high end releases).

I can't view the Montblanc above as "perfection" with that recessed datewheel. This goes to show that perfection is different to every eye here.

Agreed...definitely not "perfection"...but the same with the Breitling Montbrillant Legende...I say "close enough for Jazz".

They are good, high quality, fairly accurate reps...but as with all reps...there are always "tells" if you know what to look for. It's a good thing that 99% of the population doesn't know...nor could care less what to look for.

Agreed...definitely not "perfection"...but the same with the Breitling Montbrillant Legende...I say "close enough for Jazz".

They are good, high quality, fairly accurate reps...but as with all reps...there are always "tells" if you know what to look for. It's a good thing that 99% of the population doesn't know...nor could care less what to look for.

All the more reason to buy what you like and not something because it is the "most accurate"

I've never really considered a DeWitt. Thats an awesome watch. Looks like a quirky design. Could be my next potential rendevouz...

you should get it. I have one and I am really happy with it.

very very close to gen. I am not sure about the other models but the sequentiel chrono rep is very good.