When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wifey's Collection

rogerthat

Wow!

It's very rare to see a ladies' watch collection. Nice ones, especially that Omega!

I agree!

It has taken me an age to get my wife used to my hobby. Now she is finally coming around she decided to buy a Tag with a black face and diamonds. This decision took weeks, then the dealer said the line was discontinued. DOH!

Still, I am sure she will love the J12 she has just ordered, even if it did end up costing me an extra $85 :o

It is really strange, I notice the exact same thing.

I am usually a brut but have never broken anything on my watches.

My wife has had a busted crystal, a broken clasp and chipped one of her watches.

I really can't understand it. She had a few rep bags but always broke something on them, that turned into her having to buy only gen bags which is costly, so this may all be part of their ploy.

My wife is not too into watches but does love the J12 as evidenced by my pics.

If I see a good ladies rep I will order it when I order a watch, but she does not look at the forums or the watch pictures, though she did bookmark Joshua's site to check it out on occasion. Bags are more her thing.

The Omega is definitely my favorite and my / her first rep. Was a daily wear.

This is the watch that started me in the rep hobby, somehow I luckly found Josh's site when searching with her after receving one of those spam emails, decided to take the risk and placed an order long before I ever found these forums.

Showed up and it was a fantastic rep and that is how it started for me.

The Omega is an ETA movement and had an issue after about a year of wear, so it went off to The Zigmeister and got a servicing and relume of the hands so it may be one of the only Ladies MODDED reps on this forum. As usually the case, it came back better than ever from The Zigmeister ; there was dust on the dial originally and he of course cleaned that up.

I highly recommend this model, it is a Aqua Terra Ladies model with MOP dial and diamond markers.

There was no lume at all before, now the hands are lumed.

This is a great quality Ladies rep that I have never seen on the forum.

I should probably take a close up of just this watch.

She loved the Rolex datejust for awhile but now thinks it is too small, so that really never gets worn.

This one has a MOP dial and is from Ruby back when she allowed you to order the datejust in any combo you want, not sure if she does that anymore. Nice rep but the lug gap is noticable on the bracelet, I may need to source some tiny better quality springbares, becuase it bothers me more than her. This is the ladies size and as shown in the picture is quite small.

Now it is hard to get a J12 off of her wrist. She likes the big White GMT, and wears the smaller Black depending on outfit.

I got her the Black GMT just 2 weeks or so ago but she has not warmed up to the larger size in Black.

The bezel numbers are done a different technique on the white vs. black. The white is bettter and easier passes as a gen for this reason.

I have compared many dealer pics and they are all the same in terms of the bezels, the black are etched and colorfilled, which can look a little sloppy compared to the gen bezel.

The white, at least the GMT, the bezel is foil stamped or simialr and then the bezel has a covering of something to keep the stamping protected.

The gens seem to employ the same different method. The foil stamp is easier for the 10 year old labor camp folks to duplicate I guess becuase it looks perfect on the White GMT.

The GMT are technically mens size, but they are not very manly.

The other black one shown is a Quartz model, and the ladies size.

Reps she has gone through:

Cartier Tank (broke the deployant clasp, still have the watch in a drawer somewhere)

PP 24: (liked for awhile, but decided to have me sell recently)

LV Lovely Diamonds: (liked in Josh's photos but she never warmed up to the actual watch when she got it so I sold that as well)

Rolex ladies datejust with diamonds (she thought the diamonds looked fake and she busted the crystal so that one went in the garbage)

I plan on selling off the larger Black J12 GMT, so that will be added to the gone through list soon.

May replace that with a Frank Mueller, I think she would like one of those crazy hour ones.

Thanks for looking / commenting