When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Blue Lume

ammandel

Ok, so I searched through other topics etc and didn't find the answer to my question;

Why does this Sub LV have BLUE Lume?

2807182848_b1776089a1_o.jpg2797726778_852f4c33fc.jpg

I've included some other pictures just incase this is a rep and some people notice the differences although crystal height, pearl, engravings, bezel fitting all looks good to me (untrained eye and I didn't think anyone reps the rehaut engraving this good yet do they?)

2796880391_7b210a3bd4.jpg2796936417_75bdeb4d44_o.jpg

I thought the only models currently available with BLUE LUME on them were:

The New WG SUB

sub1.jpg

Deep Sea Sea Dweller

?Some Milgauss Markers in blue?

I put an ofrei pearl on my SD .. that I use in the early morning hours (1am~6am) and upon passing a florecent light I held my dial face up to it for a minute.. the Ofrei pearl took on a blue tint.. strange.... at all other times it was green as was the lume on the SD dial... dunno,.. could be the lume batch as blue and green are very close in the colour spectrum ?? as I was viewing it with the naked eye.. I found it quite interesting.. forgot about it until I read this thread..

I would charge it again tomorrow and see if there is a difference.. or charge it in a different light source (???) my guess is that the company that produces the lume is using different mixtures in the lume colours to produce the green.. maybe a hint of blue ??