When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The best reps with cheap movements

oirish

The Asia 4813 movement is a good movement. Its a cheaper alternative to the A7750 for those just getting into this game. Also for those wanting to take apart movements, the 4813 is cheap, http://www.cousinsuk.com/searchresults.aspx?searchtext=8413 at less than 15 Euros.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't it more likely for a 4813 rather than a A7750 to leave the factory clean and oiled?

Times are tough. I know I'd rather swap out a 4813 rather than a 7750 after it croaks and servicing costs would likely be the same - high.

As most of the 'quality' reps have 7750 movements and are kitted out such that the case wont accept a 4813, what reps are the good ones that can accept the 4813 movement?

As a side note, seagulls are relatively cheap too. Any suggestions on quality reps with these? (quality meaning accuracy to the gen; face, hands, case, back, etc.)

Suggestions welcome on any other cheap quality movements that may have good reps attached :) and are also cheap to service.

Cheers!

Great link, By-Tor. Thanks.

After following it I decided to get a SOSF and FM crazy hours with date. Toad's review helped me along with the FM decision.

Both of these have cheap asian movements. The cost of these two reps is well within budget and in their own way are super reps, IMHO.

I have a V3 graphite BCE A7750 I'm really happy with. I reckon I'll chill out on chasing up any more 7750s and give the cheaper mvts a go for a while.