When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer vintage

FxrAndy

A nice watch, Now this thing is 44mm but it does not wear that big, i would say it feels smaler than a 44mm pam, and you can see in the photo below in comparison with a 42mm pilot it only looks a tiny bit bigger, very blue AR as you can see, What supprised me with this one is the inner bezel click, it felt very week, in comparison with the slevin or normal aqua timer which is very presise and firm this felt like it was a rep,

lume was good and very green in day light, you can see it glowing in day light but it is not as strong as the pilot on the left,

My biggest complaint for a watch costing €5600 is the rubber strap, in my oppinion this should have a woven kevlar not rubber, if i wanted rubber i would buy a g shock or a blow up doll!

DSC01364.jpg

Such a beautiful watch, IWC really hit a home run with the Vintage range!

I think it could be the two part dial that makes it appear slightly smaller? I share your sentiments about the strap....it's not even a nice looking rubber strap! If it was like the rubber strap that comes on the Costeau I think it would look much nicer!

It really is a nice piece, I'd expect the lume to be out-of-this-world-burn-your-eyes-out though as the understated dial and design would really be set off by extreme lume.

Does kevlar deal with water as well as rubber does ? As I assume this is the reason they've used rubber for this piece

edit: Still looks like it could do with going off to Chief ;)