When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Story Of My 4th Gen Black Po

Glitch

I like my black 4th gen so much. CWAI has covered the flaws and recommended upgrades previously so I am not reporting on those anymore.

I wasn't planning on switching out the hands. I figured they were "good enough". But the Omega logo on the dial shifted and is now crooked. Now I need to open it up to fix the logo. Must be sign to work on the dials so I drove to Ofrei's and got them.

96063-27301.jpg

Also picked up a pair of springbars per CWAI's recommendation. Ofrei has other non-OEM springbars that looked just as nice. But I didn't want to mix and match too much so went for OEM instead.

Now here's the great part:

I wanted to replace the SS bracelet with a strap. I have held the gen leather and rubber straps and they feel cheap compared to the gen watch. It just didn't do it justice. So I checked out the straps based on what I saw on Ofrei's site. Also didn't want regular croc because I wanted to fill the space between the springbars and the case. Look at the pics and you'll know what I mean.

96063-27302.jpg

96063-27303.jpg

I did not consider this rubber strap as it only takes an Omega buckle and I wanted to use a clasp.

96063-27304.jpg

So I asked the saleslady to bring out the straps. She did and I had the opportunity to compare them side by side. All fit perfectly but I decided to go with this one. It's made of kevlar and it takes a clasp.

96063-27305.jpg

I'll post pics when the work is complete.

Edited by Glitch

Remember that Ofrei's is OEM ($169). The strap is a keeper. It fits Seamasters and Speedmasters. If you look at your PO's lug holes, they are almost at the end of the case. So with a regular strap, there will be a large gap between the case and the strap. That's what makes OEM's unique.

Even if I end up without any Omega rep later on, I can easily sell on eBay and only lose a few $$. Until then, you'll have a very authentic looking PO.

BTW, I used the rep clasp from one of our dealer's rep strap with clasp. VERY good quality IMO.

98538-26735.jpg

Edited by Glitch

Remember that Ofrei's is OEM ($169). The strap is a keeper. It fits Seamasters and Speedmasters. If you look at your PO's lug holes, they are almost at the end of the case. So with a regular strap, there will be a large gap between the case and the strap. That's what makes OEM's unique.

Even if I end up without any Omega rep later on, I can easily sell on eBay and only lose a few $$. Until then, you'll have a very authentic looking PO.

Probabily you're fully right , anyhow it's too costy for my nowadays budget :huh:

Can we see some pics and wristshots? :D

Edited by ryaku

• 5 weeks later...