When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger from TT/Andrew

peteh

Finally decided to tread the waters and buy my first rep. Im thinking of buying the 'BR015A - Breitling Super Avenger SS Black -$118' from TT/Andrew. Anyone else bought this particular model? I'm aware it is one of the cheaper watches on the site and as that is all i can afford at the moment I am wondering if that will make it obviously fake as opposed to the $260+ models?!

Any tips for my first transaction? Any suggestions for other Breitlings to go for?

Any response greatly appreciated

Pete.

I don't have experience with that particular model...but if you search for Super Avenger posts by a member named Dave123, you can compare the pics in the TT site with his gen and determine for yourself whether it's close enough for you.

The fact of the matter is, almost all reps to the "right" eye can be determined to be fake or gen. Usually most people in the wild who say something is fake don't really know and are making up some crap to feel important.

The big tell on this cheaper BR, is that the chrono dials aren't accurate to the gen. The chronos may be operational...but the cheap A21j chrono movements do not function the same as an a7750 based watch like the more expensive SA...this can be spotted fairly quickly by anyone who knows their watches...but remember...99.9999% of the world does NOT know their watches. The layout should be running seconds at the 9-o-clock position, chrono seconds using the centre seconds hand, and minute totalizer at 12 and hour totalizer at 6.

As well, the date font is wrong, subdial spacing is off because of the different movement, number layout is different...again because of the movement, etc, etc.

Verdict? Is it an accurate rep? Not really. One main thing being off (movement) changes a LOT of things for accuracy.

Is it a nice watch? Sure...and cheap...but I wouldn't try passing it off as a gen...I wouldn't do that even with the higher end one either...but this one can be called out more readily.

Welcome to the forum...read the Noob Guide in my signature and there is a link in their to a guide on the best watches under $150. Try that!!