When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Info Needed please Sub Mariner rlss01008

chatterbox

Hi,

I'm really interested in getting this but cannot find any reviews or information for this specific model. Lot's of reviews similar and...don't shoot me...but aren't they all?

Anyway, here's the link.

Submariner 2008 Update

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Max

Assuming it's just a submariner you want, and not specifically a noob factory version with jap movement, have you had a look at the watchmaker9 site. The wm9 submariner comes in several versions all with swiss movements and judged by many to be the best sub around, although more expensive. They're also doing a cheaper version in what they refer to as a "refurbished"case. I've read a number of good reports and since they have improved their communications with customers should be worth a try.

Searching for the best sub for the price is a minefield.

Best of luck

Xtra

...They're also doing a cheaper version in what they refer to as a "refurbished"case. I've read a number of good reports and since they have improved their communications with customers should be worth a try.

Searching for the best sub for the price is a minefield.

Best of luck

Xtra

Thanks for the prompt reply but I've heard very mixed reviews of this site....Any news on the particular watch I linked above would be great. I'll keep hunting too.

Thanks again.

The watch that you're interested in is the 2008 Noobmariner- with the latest M serial # and the rehaut engraving. It's an OK watch- crown guards and pearl look decent in the pic- I don't know if they're actually improving the noob or if they mod the sample watch before taking pics- crown looks OK also. Heck, if they'd make those mods and slightly enlarge the OD of the bezel insert to the size of the Rolex gen insert, they'd have a kick-a$$ watch. Still, not a bad watch for the economy minded person.

Of course, the Noobmariner has been surpassed by the WM9 sub and the Euromariner, but they cost more than twice the watch you're looking at. Whoops, I forgot, Eurotimez has the Euromariner with the asian 21j for about $100 more than the noob you're looking at.