When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian Deepsea dg2813 swap ;) very easy !

so my beloved asian deepsea came with a dud dg2813 , no sweat i bought a new replacement from offrie for about $25 ..

did the swap very easy but once i installed the dial to the new movement i realized that the date wheel was wayyyyyyyy of please see pic :p

DSC00481.jpg

you can actualy see the movement ;) ... so i did a quick search in the forum & came up with a way cool thread from the toadman ;) & aj's dg2813 swap ..

so i realized after reading the thread that i had to do a date wheel swap :unsure: wich i am not confident in doing yet ;) .

so i went the economy route & glued on the old date wheel inlay to the new movement & BAM !!!!

worked like a charm !! thanx toadman & aj !!

so heres some after pix & i am happy as a clam man !!

guys the offrie dg2813 works great ! its eta;ish ;) .

offrie new dg2813 with the old date wheel glued on :

DSC00484.jpg

watch fully assembled ;)

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

:p could not do it without threads like yours & aj's ;)

thanx man ;) ..

hey Toad are you sure that the dg4813 from like offeri is a direct swap to the dg2813 ?

cause i belive a read somewhere that the dg4813 with the corect hight for the hands are out of stock & the ones on offeri have a short Cp so the hands will touch the dial ..

HONESTLY i bought a cheap watch makers tool kit from china on ebay like for $20 ;) ..

i used :

hand removal tool .

hand setting tool .

1mm screw driver .

dust blower .

tweezers

rubber gloves ;) thats it ..

.thanx man .. good lluck with your project .

p.s for those with asian steelfish the offerie dg2813 was a direct replacement i didnt need to swap the date wheel , the new date wheel lined up perfectly ;)

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Top skills there..!!

Ive got a deep sea Asian 21j movement from Andrew, love the watch fantastic quality and detail ...

The movement is a little nosiey though ( you can hear what sounds like the spring winding from the movement of the pendulum )

Is the dg2813 any quieter.??

Cheers. T