When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone modded the hands on the AP ROO?

Flashman

Having hunted through all the info on the secs at 12 AP ROO it seems that the main tells are the main hand thickness (and hour hand collar), the thickness of the text on the subdials (rep is much thicker) and the position of the date window (slightly out).

I can live with the last two, but has anyone modded theirs with thinner and more accurate hands. I have a quartz version which has much more gen like hands, but I am not sure if they can be swapped.

Well for nearly $600 delivered I would expect a rep to be as close to the gen as possible, and the hand size is something that seems incredibly simple to get right, especially since the quartz versions have thinner hands. would the rep take gen hands, or the one from the quartz version?

Considering this is a grail watch for a lot of the members I am interested to see that there is hardly any info on mods for it.

The reason why folks are rolling their eyes a little is that there are a couple of much more fundamental flaws. For anyone who cares and takes a look the instant tell will be the straight line of the crown and chrono pushers. The gen has a chrono module and so the crown sits much lower. Here is a pic of a franken MBW with gen movement:

DSC_0027.jpg

Having said that, I have always heard rumors about the RO Chrono quartz version having much better hands as well so if anyone has put them on their ROO please let us know. :)

Quartz hands sizes are normally completely different than those for ETA based movements.

Realistically, I think the only mod possible are getting gen hands and adding superlume. AR can be added to give your watch that wow factor. A gen dial will not work since the date window is a bit off on the rep and a gen or like movement adds a host of more problems (as well as cost).

Thanks for the input, I know that the crown position is a prob too, I think I can live with it. My quartz APROO is a favorite at the moment, but I will upgrade to the new secs at 12 version, unless there are any rumours of a new and improved one coming out soon.....