When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello From Canada

hudler

HI, I am new to the forum and to watch replicas. I always notice a nice watch, and have always wanted a Tag H or similar watch, but raising 3 kids and life in general makes having a Gen pretty impossible at the moment. I also would want to wear the watch daily and probally would put a gen away for special occasions only. Also thought the Rep watches were mostly junk, until I found this site! What an amazing amount of watches to look at and find reviews on!!!

I have a quick story about watches. My son and I were in Florida a a very large mall. I noticed banners on the walls advertising a Raymond Weil Watch, it had C/F on the band and watch case and looked amazing. We walked around until we found the store and l looked amazed at the RW watch. The clerk brought it out and let me look it over, I was embarrassed because it was obvious we could not afford the watch and gave it back to him rather quickly. I kind of started looking online for the same watch and came across a copy of it, store price for gen was 3500usd, copy price was 430 (approx) I haven't bought the copy yet, since I still cannot afford that much (DOH) but thought a nice Tag rep might be enjoyable. Anyway that's my watch story, imagine if I showed up with the R/W watch, my son would freak out!! Maybe in the future, I really liked that watch. In the mean time I may buy a nice Tag Rep to enjoy. This is a great site to learn from and I just want to thank you, hope to be able to post a nice watch purchase in the future and with the info here I should be able to find a quality rep!!!!!

Yup...kids add lots in the way of immeasurable wealth...but can interefere with the accumulation of toys. I could be buying a gen vintage Rolex 1655 and a PAM or 2 every year with the amount I spend on childcare. Sheesh!!

At least my son likes to pick out the watch I wear every day and likes to look at a few before he goes to bed (he's 4!!).

Welcome to RWG. Great Community. Great Info. I'm from Toronto and there are quite a few top members in Canada including The Zigmeister the uber watchmaker...so don't feel alone.

Read my Noob Guide to get you helped on your way (linked in my signature)...or PM me with any questions. Canuck privilege. Hah. ;)

Welcome to RWG. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I realy was not interested in the RW brand. Well I saw a RW in my last Issue of mens health. The RW Nabucco. The day they rep it is the day I buy it, magnificent. My first rep was the Omega SeaMaster PO. It's a quartz but it's also a very nice watch. It looks beter then the more expensive auto model, better sub dial placement. The watch is working great for a $118 investment. So take your time and get to know the community. Happy hunting :) Mike PS I stand corected. I just found the RW Nabucco rep for $405. Ouch, Oh well :mellow:

Thanks for the welcome, Toad, I hope to take you up on the advice offer!! Canadian Eh? Wheaton that is an absolutely beautiful watch!! WOW and a great price. Maxman, that Nabucco is the EXACT watch that I saw in the store! I hope they come down in price, that would be a nice watch to own. I would want to wear it everyday, I am more of a jeans and T shirt guy. (work as a Building Manager) so I am not sure how it would look with that big watch on my wrist, but I would sure like to find out. It must be a good quality rep if it is going for over $400.

All I can say is you have mighty fine taste when It comes to watches ;) That Is a unbelievable looking watch. I cant wait to see one in the metal. I hope that both of us one day can look down at are wrist and see this Rep. This would not be a everday watch for me. Keep your eye out for members selling there used watches. There is great deals to be had like Wheaton said. good luck and welcome to this awsome community B) Mike