When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another New guy Another sub question

terry72

I'am sorry to ask this again. I know it has been coverd before. I have spent hours and hours on here but please could some one answer some question so I can buy my watch already. I would like to buy a submariner 16610 eather TT blue face or black with ss band. Which brings me to my first question I like the look of the TT Sub better buy what will look more GEN the SS version or the TT sub basiccly will the gold on the TT make it look cheep and like a REP. Question 2 can some one tell me who is who I see post talking about George and WM9 but then I see neg stuff who is george and what is his site? Also I see the review on the Noobmariner vs the MBK I know that eurotimz sells the noobmariner but I don't know where the MBK sub is after all this which one should I get. I have people around me that have gen rolex's and would like to fit in but not get singled out and the guy with the fake rolex is down the hall guy. Can some one please help this confuse person. THanks again

Many of these questions can be resolved via the search box. I will say one thing; if you don't want to be the "guy with the fake rolex". Buy a GEN!!

If these people around you are likely to put their gens side by side with your rep.. Don't expect it to look exactly the same is what I would say - since that seems to be the situation you are heading in the direction of!

The SS versions will look more gen than any with gold on, because the gold is plated. Wm9 is Watchmaker9, you can search for his site easily, any neg stuff is likely to be from a long time ago. His reputation as I understand it was not so great at one point but is now generally held to be offering one of the 'best' products on the market. I, and a number of other members on this forum would suggest purchasing WM9 products through BK, whose reputation is.. well.. extremely good as a huge understatement.

The Noobmariner is sold by more than 1 dealer and MBK is a now faux-nickname given to a selection of products. The whole MBK nickname has a number of topics dedicated to explaining exactly where the term comes from, what it means and what it means *today*.

Search for it, research, and welcome to the board.

I'am sorry to ask this again. I know it has been coverd before. I have spent hours and hours on here but please could some one answer some question so I can buy my watch already. I would like to buy a submariner 16610 eather TT blue face or black with ss band. Which brings me to my first question I like the look of the TT Sub better buy what will look more GEN the SS version or the TT sub basiccly will the gold on the TT make it look cheep and like a REP. Question 2 can some one tell me who is who I see post talking about George and WM9 but then I see neg stuff who is george and what is his site? Also I see the review on the Noobmariner vs the MBK I know that eurotimz sells the noobmariner but I don't know where the MBK sub is after all this which one should I get. I have people around me that have gen rolex's and would like to fit in but not get singled out and the guy with the fake rolex is down the hall guy. Can some one please help this confuse person. THanks again

hi terry, so you want to know who makes the best sub?

The gen TT blue sub will be taken as a rep by most people today.

If you really like the look of it, and are only looking to satisfy yourself, go ahead and get it, and wear it.

Carl

Many of these questions can be resolved via the search box. I will say one thing; if you don't want to be the "guy with the fake rolex". Buy a GEN!!

If these people around you are likely to put their gens side by side with your rep.. Don't expect it to look exactly the same is what I would say - since that seems to be the situation you are heading in the direction of!

The SS versions will look more gen than any with gold on, because the gold is plated. Wm9 is Watchmaker9, you can search for his site easily, any neg stuff is likely to be from a long time ago. His reputation as I understand it was not so great at one point but is now generally held to be offering one of the 'best' products on the market. I, and a number of other members on this forum would suggest purchasing WM9 products through BK, whose reputation is.. well.. extremely good as a huge understatement.

The Noobmariner is sold by more than 1 dealer and MBK is a now faux-nickname given to a selection of products. The whole MBK nickname has a number of topics dedicated to explaining exactly where the term comes from, what it means and what it means *today*.

Search for it, research, and welcome to the board.

What do you mean purchas WM9 products through BK, Who is BK thanks for your help

If you don't want to be ousted with the rep, the $500 wm9 is probably your best bet as far as subs go.

It may sound like a lot in comparison to the noobmariner, but you are getting a great looking watch that looks like it is worth $5000, not $500.

The noob doesn't quite pull that off.

The noob is great, but near a gen...not so great.

Also, consider getting a rep that no one has, prehaps a milgauss or gmt II with the pepsi bezel. This solves the problem of having aside by side comparison.

This is where you want to be for bk's stuff.

He is extremely knowledgeable on the modern subs.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/BK-s-Watch-Garage-f196.html

Here is wm9's site.

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/

good luck and welcome to the site!

Edited by cht

If you don't want to be ousted with the rep, the $500 wm9 is probably your best bet as far as subs go.

It may sound like a lot in comparison to the noobmariner, but you are getting a great looking watch that looks like it is worth $5000, not $500.

The noob doesn't quite pull that off.

The noob is great, but near a gen...not so great.

Also, consider getting a rep that no one has, prehaps a milgauss or gmt II with the pepsi bezel. This solves the problem of having aside by side comparison.

This is where you want to be for bk's stuff.

He is extremely knowledgeable on the modern subs.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/BK-s-Watch-Garage-f196.html

Here is wm9's site.

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/

good luck and welcome to the site!

Ok, great that is what I need to know. My golf buddie has the TT sub. So I thank the SS sub is the way to go and I agree from all that I have read and from your insight the WM9 sub is the way to. So where do I get it from the wm9 site of from bk I have read that BK replaces the crystal with a "clark crystal" what ever that means but in doing so it does not have the crown etched on it. I have read that he does this to fix mag problems with the date any thoughts there. So the question remains whom do I get it from... Thanks every one for all your input and help.

Mate, unless someone has a magnifier on their person they will never know there is no crown on the crystal. Most if not all the reps have a crown that's far to easy to see and is actualy a tell for a fake. If you can see the crown with the naked eye, it's too big.

Col.

Good luck on your Rolex, whatever model you get. My experence has been that most people dont realy care or even notice what kind of watch you are wearing. I think most people admire watches from afar. If your friends are Rolex enthusiast they might ask you to give them a upclose and personal look. I dont know. If not no one will be the wiser. I cant help think that more people wear reps then we think. What if you went out and bought a gen Rolex and then found out your frinds were wearing reps, priceless. Think of it this way. Have you ever aproached someone and asked"is that a real such and such". I would hope not. Same differance. Dont sweat it and have some fun. :) Mike

Good luck on your Rolex, whatever model you get. My experence has been that most people dont realy care or even notice what kind of watch you are wearing. I think most people admire watches from afar. If your friends are Rolex enthusiast they might ask you to give them a upclose and personal look. I dont know. If not no one will be the wiser. I cant help think that more people wear reps then we think. What if you went out and bought a gen Rolex and then found out your frinds were wearing reps, priceless. Think of it this way. Have you ever aproached someone and asked"is that a real such and such". I would hope not. Same differance. Dont sweat it and have some fun. :) Mike

You know Mike I never thought if it that way. My friends make the same money I do and I can't afford one how the hell can they buy one maybe thay have a replica. The only thing that I'am wrestling with now is should I buy a GEN for what I'am getting I agree that it is worth $500.00 but that is roughly 10% the cost of a gen and with a gen it will gane value as far as what will last longer I have no Idea. Mybe I will buy the rep see how I like it and if I like the style of watch and the wear abality. I will then opt for the gen and sell the rep to cover some of loss or give it to my son

I like the idea of owning a gen that will last for ever and handing it down but dont like the 5000.00 price tag espicialy now that times a so tight.

Hi Terry

Welcome to this great place. I see you have received great advice and I have nothing to add about where to get the best Rolex.

I have also purchased some of those and I sure do love them. But reading your story my advice would be the following:

If you are surrounded by people wearing Submariners and Sea Dwellers, go get yourself a great IWC or a stunning Panerai!

Just my 2 cents.

Yours kindly

Valerian