When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem With Blacksteel

Omega_Man

Just received my new Blacksteel and it has an issue.

I press the chrono button and it starts. A second push won't stop it.

Any clue if there's a quick fix?

Is returning it usually a problem?

Thanks

Hi Omegaman,

most times it is just a very small problem. First thing is not to directly send it back to the dealer, because of the customs risk or small risk of loosing the parcel in China. So better first find a local watch smith (does not have to be a jewelry shop, but just a guy who only works on watches). Maybe it is a quick and cheap fix.

You could also open the case back and make a good picture of the chronograph module. maybe some of the members here might be able of help.

I agree with the above, but also notify your dealer of the problem. If you don't notify them, and then 3 weeks later you get a bill from the watchsmith that is quite large and then you tell the dealer of the problem, they will just say 'why didn't you tell me you could have sent it back'

Get quote from your local watchsmith and if it is something simple have it fixed. If it's something more complicated that will cost more, you can go back through your dealer, who you would have notified of the problem.

advise to bring it to a watch repair shop. tell them it is a replica of good quality with a Asian Valjoux 7750 movement. Most watch smith will help you. also notify the dealer. Sending it back to China will also cost around 15-20usd for a good shipping method.

I have a lot of reps. my watch smith repairs around 95% of all these small problems economically.