When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

8 days too long to be in the hands of customs?

wraithride

So a few weeks ago after I placed an order for a watch, I commented on how amusing it is when you look at the tracking number for your new shipment, and you see "handed over to customs". That shipment arrived with no issues, and life went on as usual. A couple of weeks later, I placed an order for 2 watches, and I watched the shipment as usual. I saw the typical "handed to customs", and I saw on the USPS tracking site "inbound into customs", and that was on 3/22. It's been 8 days, with no further updates on the site. At this point I'm wondering from our veteran members, do I contact the post office tracking dept. via the phone? Should I contact the dealer? Should i sit on my hands and wait patiently for an update?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

WR

Wow, talk about a home run on a first swing. 2 replies, and from two members that I would trust most. Ok, sit on my hands it is. I wonder if the customs guys found some nice cubans, and they are waiting until they smoked the entire box before they are going to look at any more packages.

Thanks guys!

WR

I got spoiled on my last one, it spent probably a grand total of 20 hours in customs, and out for delivery the next day.

yeah...I had that happen my first 2 reps and thought that was the norm. WRONG!!!

Either way...if it does get seized...your dealer will straighten it out.

I've had stuff take 7 days to close to 3 MONTHS to come to Canada. Yikes. The issue is, the dealer can't re-ship to you UNTIL they either get the return from customs, or notification and confirmation of seizure...but delays can happen and are routine...so don't worry about it for another 2 weeks...really!! It seems long...but hey...buy some lottery tickets so you build up even more anxiety to keep things interesting. :p

yeah...I had that happen my first 2 reps and thought that was the norm. WRONG!!!

Either way...if it does get seized...your dealer will straighten it out.

I've had stuff take 7 days to close to 3 MONTHS to come to Canada. Yikes. The issue is, the dealer can't re-ship to you UNTIL they either get the return from customs, or notification and confirmation of seizure...but delays can happen and are routine...so don't worry about it for another 2 weeks...really!! It seems long...but hey...buy some lottery tickets so you build up even more anxiety to keep things interesting. :p

haha, I don't think my poor heart could t ake it. The anxiety of waiting for reps is bad enough, let alone wondering if i can retire thanks to some lucky numbers :). It's kind of funny how things seem to be routine, but end up just being a fluke. I've bought 8-10 reps, and this is the longest i've seen in customs. Guess i've just gotten lucky all this time :). Lets see...opening new browser...paste the little tracking number in the box...and...NOPE, still there. DAMN :)

WR

haha, I don't think my poor heart could t ake it. The anxiety of waiting for reps is bad enough, let alone wondering if i can retire thanks to some lucky numbers :). It's kind of funny how things seem to be routine, but end up just being a fluke. I've bought 8-10 reps, and this is the longest i've seen in customs. Guess i've just gotten lucky all this time :). Lets see...opening new browser...paste the little tracking number in the box...and...NOPE, still there. DAMN :)

WR

If it's EMS tracking...it only gets updated 1/day as far as I understand it. You can try plugging the number in your local carrier's tracking site. In Canada, once it goes to Customs it shows up on the national carrier's website, and gets updated faster than EMS.

Good luck and keep us posted. Glad to hear the other reps arrived without incident.