When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Zenith Defy Xtreme and Open information

jikatcmu

Hello all,

I am new to the forums and am really enjoying this place!

I would like to inquire as to whether anyone has any experience with the Zenith Defy series reps. Quality, accuracy, value, etc. I still have yet to find a distributor with the Defy Xtreme that looks trustworthy, so any help in that are would be appreciated as well. Although I did look through the recommended sites listed on these forums, none seem to carry the Defy collection.

Anyway, thanks for the help and thanks for creating such a great repository of info on these forums!

J

Welcome to RWG. I'll tell you now...that if the dealers recommended here don't have the model you're looking for...and you see another site on the web that does have one that looks perfect...the other site is a scam site showing a genuine picture and NOT what you'll actually get after you pay them.

The dealers here deal directly with the high end factories. 99% of the time, if they can't get it in a high end version...it's not worth getting.

There is a great looking Zenith Open...not quite accurate...but beautiful nonetheless...not in the same style as the Defy series at all though. It's been reviewed here.

Thanks for the info Toad.

You have reassured me in what I previously thought. I figured that any site that I found would not be providing high-end rep products if it had not been reviewed here.

I have seen the Zenith Open review, and despite it's inaccuracies, it's a beautiful find. There is just something about the Defy Series that screams to me! I guess the benefit of the gen series being pretty rare in the wild is that the rep would not have to be that accurate because only a small percentage of people would be able to notice. But I digress...

Again, thank you for your help Toad. And if anyone has seen a Defy rep that seems pretty decent, I would love to know about it.

I have seen the Zenith Open review, and despite it's inaccuracies, it's a beautiful find. There is just something about the Defy Series that screams to me! I guess the benefit of the gen series being pretty rare in the wild is that the rep would not have to be that accurate because only a small percentage of people would be able to notice. But I digress...

I've tried the gen on of the Xtreme Open El Primero...and I can't say it was my cup of tea. It's big...like 46.5mm...but the shape and curves make it seem bigger...maybe because the crown unit sticks out a bit. It's light because it's Ti.

There will never be a good version of the Zenith Defy Xtreme Zero-G Watch...so don't wait for that one.

If you like the design of these...I would suggest looking at possibly the AP T3s or the AP ROO Rubens Barrichello or possibly an RG Concord C1...those are all good quality reps with a similar style...or even the Hublot HBBs in the stealth models.