When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello I am a newbie

1thunder

Hi All

I am a gen hobbiest, and recently found this site. Wow...I am in trouble. 1:1 mirror images so cool. Also thanks to the few that have already replied to some of my messages.

I need some help. AP off shore and Breitling superocean heritage` which dealer is recommended and why?

I am really looking to find these watches and many more.

Hi there mate. Another gen person, great!. You will be surprised to see how many of the members have extensive (and in a few cases, very expensive) gen collections.

Any dealer on the recomended list can get you the "best" versions of this watch. Punch them into search, read up on the various versions, find what you want and borrow a image from the post. Email the lonk to a few dealers and see who comes up with the best deal. If you are in the EU you may find it better to go with an EU dealer and ask him to ship from EU (costs a little more) this advoids the problems with customs in certain EU countrys, Italy, Belgium and a lot of the far north are prime examples of where this is advisiable. For the rest of the world, take your pick from the dealers listed here.

The curent version of the SOH is an amazingly good rep. Not the best but damn close. BTW, what gens do you have? Make us jealous!

Regards, Col.

What did you get yourself into? You got yourself into the best WATCH forum around with the most knowledgeable and friendliest folks around. Welcome aboard.

There are lots of gen and rep enthusiasts here...so if you like watches...you'll have fun.

I hate to burst your bubble...but there are almost no such things as 1:1 reps...so don't let scam sites tell you otherwise. The only ones that are true 1:1's, are time-consuming and expensive Franken projects you so many gen parts that the only thing that is not gen might be the engine under the hood, a caseback, or maybe hands...or possibly the case. Otherwise...we're looking at maybe 1:0.9 reps...close...very close...but good value.

SO...if you can get over that all reps will have flaws...that if you want them to last as long as a gen, servicing may be inconvenient and expensive relative to the cost of replacing the whole thing...then you will have fun indeed.

If you find the forum useful, fun, and a place that you want to participate in...consider upgrading your membership to Supporter to support the forum...and in the mean time...get a free raffle ticket by upgrading and replying in the Raffle thread, for a chance at the Omega PO.

Read the Noob Guide linked in my Signature and you'll hit the ground running.

In the spirit of RWG, let me offer my services to you as rep "mentor" if you have any questions.

Gens Rolex 5513 pointed CG's Seadweller, GMT 1675 2008 Milguass Panerai PAm 26K Pam 28A, 63C, 61C

I will get some pics up

Thanks

Hi there mate. Another gen person, great!. You will be surprised to see how many of the members have extensive (and in a few cases, very expensive) gen collections.

Any dealer on the recomended list can get you the "best" versions of this watch. Punch them into search, read up on the various versions, find what you want and borrow a image from the post. Email the lonk to a few dealers and see who comes up with the best deal. If you are in the EU you may find it better to go with an EU dealer and ask him to ship from EU (costs a little more) this advoids the problems with customs in certain EU countrys, Italy, Belgium and a lot of the far north are prime examples of where this is advisiable. For the rest of the world, take your pick from the dealers listed here.

The curent version of the SOH is an amazingly good rep. Not the best but damn close. BTW, what gens do you have? Make us jealous!

Regards, Col.

Thanks

What did you get yourself into? You got yourself into the best WATCH forum around with the most knowledgeable and friendliest folks around. Welcome aboard.

There are lots of gen and rep enthusiasts here...so if you like watches...you'll have fun.

I hate to burst your bubble...but there are almost no such things as 1:1 reps...so don't let scam sites tell you otherwise. The only ones that are true 1:1's, are time-consuming and expensive Franken projects you so many gen parts that the only thing that is not gen might be the engine under the hood, a caseback, or maybe hands...or possibly the case. Otherwise...we're looking at maybe 1:0.9 reps...close...very close...but good value.

SO...if you can get over that all reps will have flaws...that if you want them to last as long as a gen, servicing may be inconvenient and expensive relative to the cost of replacing the whole thing...then you will have fun indeed.

If you find the forum useful, fun, and a place that you want to participate in...consider upgrading your membership to Supporter to support the forum...and in the mean time...get a free raffle ticket by upgrading and replying in the Raffle thread, for a chance at the Omega PO.

Read the Noob Guide linked in my Signature and you'll hit the ground running.

In the spirit of RWG, let me offer my services to you as rep "mentor" if you have any questions.

Gens Rolex 5513 pointed CG's Seadweller, GMT 1675 2008 Milguass Panerai PAm 26K Pam 28A, 63C, 61C

Fantastic collection. We have some excellent franken projects and gens of these pieces floating around in pics on the forum. You might enjoy checking those out. Freddy333 also has an amazing evolving Rolex 6542 project that has me drooling...and Lanikai just put up updates to a 1655 franken project done by our master watchmaker The Zigmeister.

The green Milgauss is a piece I'm eyeing.

You like your PVD pams. There are some excellent modded PAM projects here as well. I do like the 26k. I'm in the debate about a 239 rep as I do want a Destro in the stables.

We look forward to the pics. Check out Pugwash's photo guide linked in the Noob Guide, if you're new to taking watch pics.

Fantastic collection. We have some excellent franken projects and gens of these pieces floating around in pics on the forum. You might enjoy checking those out. Freddy333 also has an amazing evolving Rolex 6542 project that has me drooling...and Lanikai just put up updates to a 1655 franken project done by our master watchmaker The Zigmeister.

The green Milgauss is a piece I'm eyeing.

You like your PVD pams. There are some excellent modded PAM projects here as well. I do like the 26k. I'm in the debate about a 239 rep as I do want a Destro in the stables.

We look forward to the pics. Check out Pugwash's photo guide linked in the Noob Guide, if you're new to taking watch pics.

Here are a few for now

DSCN1636.jpg

DSCN7194.jpg

DSCN6713.jpg

29aa.jpg

DSCN4105.jpg

DSCN4276.jpg

Edited by 1thunder