When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland V3 or V2

mrlulley

I read all the reviews on the skyland including Toad's comparison. I wana order it today but i honestly cant decide which version to get. The dealer reccomends the v2 but i liked the v3 from the reviews, but i also liked the v2 because of case back etc...... im so confused. I plan on modin it to get it as close to gen as possible. Can you guys help. what would you get if you were gona mod it.

You know what I like. Either way you go...you'll get a good watch. Let me put it this way, Andreww our resident Breitling expert thinks the bezel font positioning is more accurate and the easiest "tell" on the V2 vs. v3...but recognizes that the rider tab printing is crisper on the V3 vs. V2.

When you're talking about this kind of macro-detail...you're getting a winner either way.

I would get the one that has the best price!! I got mine for $185...works for me...but I don't think they have that price anymore...or you can go the V2 BS route from Hont...which gets you the proper DLC coating vs. the V3 PVD...then there's no contest because of the coating.

I just went V3 from Peter and I couldn't be happier. With the reasonable price on the watch itself, I ordered some extra straps.

You could always do what some of us have done... get both and then create one good watch from the parts and sell the left over parts.

ok really this being my first rep and watch i always wanted i dont really mind price. i just want the most accurate long lasting(till i get gen).

If you want it long lasting...factor in a movement servicing. $200! That will make the watch as reliable as a gen if the service is maintained. Without service...the watch could last many years without service (there are lots that are going strong after 5 years on the forum)...but others who have had them die in a year.

The movements are notoriously dirty and dry...and feeling how things wind and how quiet the rotor spins AFTER servicing makes me think it a good move...albeit an additional cost.

ok. my budget for this is $600. im thinkin after your much appreciated input ill get the v3 grey ss. ill try to get it serviced and relumed and whatever else can be done by the almighty The Zigmeister (if its possible).also i wonder if ill be able to get a v2 case back to purchase anywhere?

Edited by mrlulley

also i wonder if ill be able to get a v2 case back to purchase anywhere?

I got a corrected caseback from Peter...and it was fine with the serial number in the right location. All is well. The differences in the finish of the V2 vs V3 caseback are minimal. I just got bad QC on mine with the engraving of the back.

I held the gen and my V2 in my hands, and:

-V3 caseback is more accurate

-V2 bezel is more accurate (numbers go almost to the edges of the bezel like gen, and the numeral one has the correct shape), but engraving is not as crisp as the V3 tough. EDIT: the V2 also has the "B" on the bezel stamped like gen, vs etched on the V3.

-V2 pushers are more accurate

-V2 dial is more accurate (logo is bolder like gen), but the lume triangle at 12 is a bit worse (if you plan to relume it, it doesn't matter...)

-V2 bracelet endlinks have the serials etched like the gen.

-V2 production year between the lugs is fake and etched w/ incorrect font (no one will notice...)

All in all, when you hold the gen and rep in your hand, the rep screams rep, because of the dial. You can't point out a flaw on it what's different, but there's a huge difference, especially on the stamped numerals on the dial. The gen is MUCH crisper.

Hope this helps!

Greetz.

Edited by yodap